Saturday, June 9, 2012

True Blood Celebratory Splatter Mani!

Well..not quite yet BUT it will be tonight and I can't wait! I thought what better way to celebrate than to do a "True Blood" Mani! 
My first try wasn't so great, I dripped the polish onto my nails and ending up dinging two of them.
So I went for the Splatter approach, I've done it before plus it is fast & easy and I wanted to sleep!

So first I used one coat of my Deborah Lippman Ridge Filler basecoat! Topped with two coats of Deborah Lippmann-Naked. (I meant to get a picture of it alone, but of course I forgot! lol
Then I used the Splatter method with China Glaze-Ravishing Dahling (The PERFECT blood red!)
I opted to not use a topcoat because I think it makes it look like blood is really splattered onto my nails instead of it being even and all super shiny, etc
I really hope you guys enjoy :)




And also for those of you who are bored and aren't lacking free time (especially about 10:30 mins!)
I did a makeup video while tipsy onto my sister hehe I blame Jenna Marbles! ;)
It actually turned out well, but I am a giggly mess! I did it on her because I have pink eye at the moment 
(yay toddlers!) Hope you all have a laugh at my expense :P


Love you all! -Sarah

15 comments:

  1. This looks absolutely amazing! it seriously looks like blood! great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for True Blood to be back!!! Your mani is fangtastic!!! Sorry, I had to say it lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow... that totally looks like you were playing in blood lol love it! Soooooo flippin' excited for TB tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow... that totally looks like you were playing in blood lol love it! Soooooo flippin' excited for TB tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i always say you cant go wrong with blood splatters! great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  6. before I even saw the title I knew what these were for! funny vid too :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it!!!! [Love you too :) *squish* ]

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks so gorgeous! I was just going to download the new episode to watch today, but I'm gonna watch all the seasons (as I just can't get enough eric) before watching the new ones :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea to celebrate True Blood! This season is starting off great! MUCH better than the end of the last one. Must say through, I wish they focused a lot more on the Vampires than on Terry, Arlene and co. Vampires MAKE that show and we all want to see more Eric!

    ReplyDelete
  10. such a cute idea. love it

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those look amazing! However, the correct term for them is blood "spatter" nails. Sorry, I'm a crime scene investigator, and that's really a pet peeve of mine. Blood does not splatter, it spatters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ayssa much appreciated! But I put Splatter because this technique is called a Splatter mani, you literally splatter polish on your nails!

      Delete
    2. Also kudos on having such a neat job!!

      Delete

I promise that I read and appreciate each and every comment!