Thursday, December 1, 2011

Glitter Gal Light As A Feather & Suede Review, Swatches & Nail Art.

Hey guys! Today I have a review of two Glitter Gal Holographic Polishes, Light As A Feather & Suede!
 Here are the glorious holo bottle shots! 


Light as a Feather is a pale white grey linear holo, I used 4 very thin coats for these pictures.
Three coats was perfect coverage, with no VNL but of course being my clumsy self I dented one and added a forth coat to make them look perfect again :)
The formula for this polish is great, the coats go on thin and the first coat went on a bit uneven but after that it evened out perfectly and went on very smooth.


 I decided to do nail art with these for my review as well, to show that there are other ways to use them! 
I sponged some Glitter Gal-Suede on all fingers except my ring finger, on which I decided to do a Gingerbread Man accent nail! I tried my best to get the little guy to smile, but he isn't having a great day :)


Suede is a Taupe-y chocolate milky brown linear holographic polish, The formula was a little thicker than light as a Feather, but not by any means too thick or hard to work with. It applied perfectly and I used three coats for the pictures above.
 

As for this nail art it was completely random..I could not for the life of me come up with a "Idea"  so I started placing dots on one finger and just went with what I ended up with on it and repeated the triangle shape on all my nails. It didn't look complete and I decided to use a nail art brush and add some stripes :)


Neither of these polishes are crazy strong holos but I actually love the subtleness of them. I really LOVE the formula on these, I dare to say that they have the best formula on a holo I have ever used.
Most holos are so thin and don't hold up well but these really do. I haven't done a really long wear on them yet but Light as a Feather made it over three days with zero tipwear. Which for me, especially a holo is wonderful seeing as I stay at home cook, change diapers and wash my hands A LOT. 
The only disappointment for me was that I didn't realize how small the bottles would be, but seeing as they are currently working on making bigger ones that isn't even a issue!

You can purchase Glitter Gal polishes easily in the states from their US Stockist Leah Ann Llarowe at http://shop.llarowe.com/
or of course at their website http://www.glittergal.com.au/.

They retail for $14.00 for 0.30 fl. oz. 

I hope you guys enjoyed this post! I definitely recommend Glitter Gal to anybody who hasn't tried or heard of them! This was my first experience with their polishes and I am very pleased!!

I hope you all have or have had a fantastic day!
<3 Sarah

These polishes were sent to me from the above company for the purpose of a 100% honest review.






24 comments:

  1. Love love love ... that little gingerman is so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! I love the Suede color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so darn cute!! I love the colors but I really love what you did. <3 Beautymous Sarah :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love every picture! The colors are beautiful and the nail art is great as always!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want a gingerbread man cookie now. Lol... So pretty on your nails his he!

    The polishes are cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your nails are looking fabulous! I love Suede! I'm not usually a brown person, but this color might change my mind. CUTE gingerbread man! I'd not be too happy if someone were going to eat me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the nail art with these two!! Gorgeous colors, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are such amazing colors, I so need them in my life! Your nails are so perfect, I wish mine looked as good! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did an awesome job capturing the beauty of those two polishes! I want them now! & Love your gingerbread man! =]

    ReplyDelete
  10. man...thanks for creating 2 more lemmings!!! :( these are beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks everybody for being so sweet! <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those swatches are totally drool-worthy. I sooo need Light As A Feather....been lemming it a long time now!! Great job Sam!

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow they both are very lovely! I love the gingerbread man it's so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing!! I wish I had your tallent!! My nails never look this great unless I pay for them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. great! your last mani looks super pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's amazing. Your nails are beautiful and so.are the polishes AND the designs on them!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I friggin love your manicure skills!!! I wish I could do that :(

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! So many great things in this one post! Love the first manicure!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm in love with the white/grey one :)

    ReplyDelete

I promise that I read and appreciate each and every comment!