Friday, December 7, 2012

China Glaze Holiday Joy Collection Swatches & Review Part 2

Hey guys! Here is Part two of the China Glaze 2012 Holiday Joy Winter Collection.
A few of the pictures I showed how the micro glitters in this collection build up for you guys!
I used one coat on my index finger, two coats on my middle finger and three on my ring and pinky fingers.
China Glaze Holiday Joy (1)
Angel Wings, Glistening Snow, Blue Bells Ring, Pizzazz, Glitter All the Way, & Winter Holly.
China Glaze Angel Wings (1) China Glaze Angel Wings (3)
China Glaze Angel Wings (2)
Angel Wings
a fine gold holographic glitter

Angel Wings requires three coats for full opacity.
It is still thin enough to layer and two coats still provides a lot of coverage.
It's a little thick but easy to apply.
Chin Glaze Glistening Snow (9)
Chin Glaze Glistening Snow (3)
Chin Glaze Glistening Snow (2)
Glistening Snow
a silver holographic micro glitter

Just like Angel Wings, Glistening Snow requires three coats for full opacity.
A tad thick, but still applied easy and evenly. But the wear time on me wasn't great. It chipped easily.
China Glaze Blue Bells Ring (3) China Glaze Blue Bells Ring (1)
Blue Bells Ring
a icy blue metallic foil

This is one of the best foils that I personally have tried.
The formula was great, it applied evenly and it didn't get brushstroke-y!
China Glaze Pizzazz (4) China Glaze Pizzazz (2) China Glaze Pizzazz (1)
Pizzazz
a clear base with multi-colored glitters

I layered two coats over Cranberry Splash here, I think it would have looked better with just one.
Pizzazz is a very pretty polish, but nothing that unique.
The formula was easy to work with and the glitter spread evenly.
China Glaze Glitter All the Way (2) China Glaze Glitter All the Way (1)
Glitter All the Way
a glitter topper with green, gold, red and purple glitters

I layered one coat of  Glitter All the Way over Blue Bells Ring.
I think that BBR took away from the beauty of this polish, I want to wear it again paired with a lighter color.
It spread pretty evenly, but I went back over a few spots to dab on more glitter.
China Glaze Winter Holly (3) China Glaze Winter Holly (2)
China Glaze Winter Holly (1)
Winter Holly
a green and gold micro glitters

I wore this alone with three coats for good coverage.
Winter Holly was thinner than the similar glitter polishes in this collection, I will use it mostly for layering.
The formula was very easy to use,it spread a little less evenly than the similar glitter shades.
China Glaze Pizzazz and Red Satin (5)
I revisited Pizzazz but layered one coat over Red Satin instead.
China Glaze Red Satin Sandwich (5) China Glaze Red Satin Sandwich (4)
Because Red Satin seemed like a crelly and not a pure creme polish
 I decided to try a jelly sandwich with it! SUCCESS!
With Love Mani (1)
This was just a very, very quick mani I did with With Love, Champagne Kisses, Glitter All the Way, Glistening Snow  and Winter Holly from this collection.

As far as big brands go (non-indies) this is my favorite Holiday Collection so far,
I mean the Zoya one is great as well but I love the variety in this collection.
My favorites of these six are Winter Holly, Blue Bells Ring,  and Glistening Snow!

Which are you loving or thinking of getting?
_______________________________________________________________________

Keep up with China Glaze on FacebookTwitter, and Instagram.

China Glaze Holiday Joy


*Products in this post were sent to me for the purpose of a 100% honest unbiased review.*

8 comments:

  1. Ok, well obviously your jelly sandwich steals the show here! I do really love Winter Holly too. Both 'Angel Wings' and 'Glistening Snow' are too close to the glitters from the Safari collection (I think) but they're still gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah that is true, I don't have those or else I would compare them!

      Delete
  2. Oh, now I need to get Blue bells ring and Winter Holly O.o

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the glitters!! Loved the ones from the safari collection too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty swatches, thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to have to pick up a few of these... Gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your red nails! with little bit of purple glitters.
    beautiful color!

    http://8881397.blogspot.kr/

    ReplyDelete

I promise that I read and appreciate each and every comment!