Tuesday, December 25, 2012

A Whovian Christmas!

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
You know, I typically love the holiday season, and Christmas in particular.
I'm usually SO excited, can't wait to wrap presents, singing Christmas carols..but not this year : /
I am excited to see Skylar open her gifts when she wakes, but I am very excited for the Christmas episode of Doctor Who to come on! So rather than just do a normal Christmas manicure, I opted (well..attempted) for a Doctor Who themed one!

My awesome husband bought me a Dalek ornament and I just knew I had to feature it with this mani!
Doctor Who Christmas (4) Doctor Who Christmas (7) Doctor Who Christmas (3)
I used Zoya Ginessa for the base color on my pointer finger and my pinky, then used striping tape and China Glaze With Love to try for the candy cane effect.
My middle nail has Zoya Dove as the base color.
I used Essie No Place Like Chrome, Milani Signature Gold, LA Colors Black Striper, Illamasqua Nuture, Wet N Wild Spoiled Permission to Proceed and Zoya Purity to make the 11th Doctor's Sonic Screwdriver. However it smudged then I used topcoat : /
For the Tardis I used the black LA Colors striper, Cult Nails Time Traveler, Zoya Purity, China Glaze With Love, and China Glaze Glittering Garland. The base polish is Pahlish Your Slver Lining.
Doctor Who Christmas (5)
Doctor Who Christmas (6)
I HAD to take a few pictures with the Sonic Screwdriver :D
Doctor Who Christmas (2) Doctor Who Christmas (1) IMG_7432
Here is a Macro of Pahlish's Your Silver Lining-stunner!


I hope you all have a fantastic holiday!
Who else is watching Doctor Who tonight?!

3 comments:

  1. Shut up!!! These are awesome!!! My hubs and I are so excited for the Christmas special, too!!!!! In fact, we planned our day around it :).

    I was thisclose to buying the very same ornament and now I'm kicking myself! Bah!!

    Merry Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas! Lovely candy cane stripes, and your wreath I think is very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. In Germany Doctor Who is broadcasted on Pay TV, and they show the complete seventh season on 24.-26... I'm afraid I'll have to wait for some time to see the 2012 Christmas Special :0)
    Love your mani and the Dalec ornament! Next year I'll decorate the tree with a mini TARDIS!!
    Yours,
    Alice

    ReplyDelete

I promise that I read and appreciate each and every comment!