Thursday, December 6, 2012

China Glaze Holiday Joy Swatches & Review - Part 1

Hey all! Did you see my Happy Hands Review Yesterday? Gorgeous!
And if that didn't put you in the Holiday spirit then maybe these will!
I just love Holiday Collections! I just wish I could get them all!

Today's Post is half of the China Glaze Holiday Joy Winter Collection.
China Glaze Holiday Joy (2)
(L-R) Merry Berry, Cranberry Splash, Red Satin, With Love, Pure Joy, & Champagne Kisses.
China Glaze Merry Berry
Merry Berry
a deep berry creme

Opaque in two coats and dries very shiny.
Easy formula, applies evenly.
China Glaze Cranberry Splash (1) China Glaze Cranberry Splash (8)
Cranberry Splash
a medium red shimmer.

Only requires two coats for opacity, and applies well.
Very pretty glowing polish, but I just don't love it on me. Great for the Holiday's though!
Mostly due to my slightly bumpy nails. (I can't wait for them to be completely normal again!)
China Glaze Red Satin (1) China Glaze Red Satin (2)
Red Satin
a blue based red creme, although I consider this more of a crelly.

I used two coats for opacity. Amazing formula and was super easy to apply.
I love this, it is still thin enough for jelly sammys ;) Which you will see in tomorrow's post!
China Glaze With Love (4) China Glaze With Love (1) China Glaze With Love (3)
With Lovea bright orange based red creme.

Possibly my new favorite red creme..
Definitely in my top three with Cult Nails Evil Queen and China Glaze Poinsettia.
Formula is like a dream and it is opaque in two coats.
China Glaze Pure Joy (2) China Glaze Pure Joy
Pure Joy
a red and gold glitter topper, with red micro glitter and small gold hex.

I layered Pure Joy over Merry Berry.
I should have added another coat, but a great combo regardless!
It doesn't disperse amazingly easy, but it isn't difficult to apply.
China Glaze Champagne Kisses (2) China Glaze Champagne Kisses (1)
Champagne Kisses
Consists of fine rose gold micro glitter

I paired Champagne Kisses with Deborah Lippmann Naked. I used two coats.
I have heard this one being thick for others but next to the similar polishes in this collection it felt thin to me.
It applies very evenly and I have nothing like it in my stash!

_______________________________________________________________________

Keep up with China Glaze on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.

Which is your favorite(s) of these six?
Even though it is a pretty typical red creme I just love With Love,
I see myself using it a ton in the future!

China Glaze Holiday Joy

*Products in this post were sent to me for the purpose of a 100% honest unbiased review.*

7 comments:

  1. I love Cranberry Splash! And honestly I think it looks great on your nails.

    <3 Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the naked and gold combo!! So perfect for the holidays!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the last combo and cranberry splash, altough I have the feeling that pretty much everyone came out with a red like that. Nevertheless, one of my favourite reds :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome post Sarah! They are all pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The coverage on Champagne Kisses looks very different than my bottle! But the combo is gorgeous. Also love the look of Merry Berry on you!

    ReplyDelete

I promise that I read and appreciate each and every comment!