Monday, November 19, 2012

Pure Ice Fang or Fur Collection Swatches & Review!

Hey guys! Sorry for taking a couple days off from blogging, I've been trying to catch up on cropping pictures  and looking for a new place to live/move! My husband got offered a job in Kansas City!
But I promise during the move I will try to keep up with blogging as much as I can. :)
It's only a two hour move so it's not going to be too bad!

Anywho, Today's post is the Pure Ice Fang or Fur Collection.
Pure Ice Fang or Fur Collection Pure Ice Fang or Fur (1)
(L-R) Alter Ego, Getting Gorgeous, Glass of Bordeaux, Nude Beach, & Silver Living.
Pure Ice Alter Ego (7) Pure Ice Alter Ego (2) Pure Ice Alter Ego (12)
Alter Ego
"Rich coffee brown with copper microglitter and silver small shard flakes"

Alter Ego is my favorite out of this collection! I have really been loving browns lately.
I love the complexity of this, and the formula was fantastic. Remarkable especially for the price.
Two coats for full opacity.
Pure Ice Getting Gorgeous (4) Pure Ice Getting Gorgeous (5) Pure Ice Getting Gorgeous (1) Pure Ice Getting Gorgeous (7)
Getting Gorgeous
"Blue with purple and blue Iridescent microglitter"

Getting Gorgeous can be opaque in two coats, I prefer three though.
It applies very evenly. The first coat is very sheer, but builds up nicely.
Not the most unique polish out there but certainly is pretty. It reminds me of
Sally Hansen-Laser/Orly-Lunar Eclipse/Color Club-Total Mystery/Opi Ds Magic.
Pictures on nail wheel over a coat of black polish.
Pure Ice Glass of Bordeaux (9) Pure Ice Glass of Bordeaux (6) Pure Ice Glass of Bordeaux (8)
Glass of Bordeaux
"Sheer black with blood red microglitter"

I used three coats of Glass of Bordeaux above, but I think it could easily be opaque in two.
The formula was exceptional and applied like a dream!
It's like Deborah Lippmann-Ruby Red Slippers without the hex and with finer glitter.
Pure Ice Nude Beach (5) Pure Ice Nude Beach (2) Pure Ice Nude Beach (3)
Nude Beach 
"Perfect nude with pearl shine and creme finish"

I used two coats of Nude Beach above for full opacity.
This is a great mannequin hands polish shade. Not perfect for my skin tone, but it doesn't look bad on me.
 I like the subtle pearl, it makes it not look flat and boring.
The formula was a little thick but it still applied easily, I just used thicker coats than I usually prefer.
Pure Ice Silver Lining (4) Pure Ice Silver Lining (2) Pure Ice Silver Lining (1)
Silver Lining
"Clear polish with silver glitter and silver diamond large shard flakes"

I added one coat of Silver Lining to Glass of Bordeaux.
I did have to fish a little bit for the large shards of glitter but it applied well.

____________________________________________________________________


Pure Ice Polishes are available at Walmart Stores and http://baricosmetics.com/ for $1.99 each.
They are so worth the price!
Follow Pure Ice on Facebook and Twitter here!

Do you like any of these?


*Products in this post were sent to me for the purpose of a 100% honest unbiased review.*

15 comments:

  1. WHOA. Alter Ego is absolutely killer! I must haves it! My precioussssss...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I may make up a reason to go to Walmart to grab Alter Ego. I don't think I've ever made up s reason to go to Walmart before. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh I want Glass of Bordeaux and Alter Ego. Hope my Walmart has them in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Getting Gorgeous looks cooler in the bottle. Glass of Bordeaux looks really vampy and I like it! I am definitely getting Silver Lining.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Getting Gorgeous looks cooler in the bottle. Glass of Bordeaux looks really vampy and I like it! I am definitely getting Silver Lining.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh these are so lovely! Glass of Bordeaux is gorgeous and your nail shape is perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely swatches. I rarely get to a Wallmart anymore with the cost of gas as it has been. It's a good 60 miles each way over really bad road for me to get to one. When I do get there, I am usually only set on getting cleaning supplies, household paper goods and stuff I know is considerably cheaper for me there. Seems I don't get enough time to really look and shop. I envy folks who live close to big stores and can keep up on new lines at reasonable price points.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful swatches! I especially love Glass of Bordeaux.

    Congrats to your hubby on his new job! As someone from KC, I can say that it's a pretty great place to live. I don't know much about the Missouri side, but on the KS side, I'd definitely say that the western Wyandotte County/Eastern Leavenworth County (Piper and Basehor areas -GREAT schools), and the Overland Park areas are great places to live!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG!!! I am drooling over these nail colors. They all look amazing. Love all the colors for they look classy and elegant. They are perfect for this coming holiday season where there are lots of evening parties to attend to.

    ReplyDelete
  10. On the night in question the power will be interrupted and the sound will precede the event.
    Look for the red mark and never turn to look back as it will be impossible to follow time again.
    Follow the red mark.
    IC

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome to the KC area. I grew up there and only live an hour south. We go to the city all the time. I could not find these today at my Wal-Mart. Are they out yet? Maybe only the larger stores are going to carry them? I agree with the Glass of Bordeaux and Alter Ego. I want them both!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Alter Ego & Glass of Bordeaux are gorgeous. Lovely swatches.

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG!!! I super like the colors especially the getting gorgeous and silver lining. I def grab these nail polishes and I just can't wait to try it out.

    ReplyDelete

I promise that I read and appreciate each and every comment!