Thursday, April 17, 2014

Pastel Easter Gradient



Hi guys! I'm really excited about today's post! Which is a big deal since lately I just haven't been as excited about blogging, polish or anything really. I just couldn't wait to share my Easter manicure with you guys!

I really hope you guys like it as much as me! I think it's perfect :D I'm so obsessed with gradients lately.

Also my Blogiversary is coming up on the 22nd! I really wanted this year's giveaway to be on time but I haven't received everything for it yet, but hopefully it'll be up before the end of the month! I will keep you guys updated!

Pastel Gradient Easter Gradient (2) Easter Gradient (3)
For this gradient I used the sponge method (painting strips on polish onto the sponge and smushing it on the nails) I used the following colors over a white base.

Barielle - Banana Drop, Barielle -Pink Flip-Flops, Orly - Lollipop, Zoya - Blu, and Bondi - Lady Liberty.
Barely of  Lady Liberty even got on the nail though. I used too many colors lol!

After that I was trying to decide what to put on top, between China Glaze Fairy Dust,
Lynnderella Connect the Dots, Elevation Haba Xueshan or nail stamping. I chose Haba Xueshan!


Elevation Haba Xueshan (2) Elevation Haba Xueshan (1)
I added one coat of Elevation Polish Haba Xueshan to the gradient.

Elevation Haba Xueshan (3)
And then I topped it with Butter London Matte Finish.


I just knew I wanted to something with very Springy pastel colors and I love the results!
Are you planning on a Easter manicure? I'd love to hear about it below!


22 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous gradient especially with the glitter on top.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful !
    I have been following your blog for a while but this is the first time I comment.
    I love your swatches and just wanted to let you know how happy I am that you are blogging again.
    Even if it's just today ;-)
    Since your last entry, saying how down you were, I have been thinking about you, wondering how you were doing so it's nice to hear from you.
    Hope this lovely gradient is a sign that you are feeling better and hope you are going to feel even better and better every day.
    Just take it one day at a time.
    Less pressure, more pleasure ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful manicure! The gradient is perfect and the top coat over it is a lovely addition! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for your comment! Your comment really brightened up my day and truly means so much to me that you care and have been thinking of me. <3 I
    'm trying to stay hopeful, I should have my insurance next month and then I can seek treatment and I think things will improve a lot from there. Some days it's just a lot harder than others. I've dealt with depression for a long time but it has never made things I love unenjoyable for me until recently and it's something I'm just not used to.

    I plan to catch up on my reviews and then I just want to accept a lot less and make it more fun and less pressure for a while. Until I get back in the routine of things at least!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much Sam <3 Hopefully I will get back into the groove of things soon.
    I appreciate you guys for sticking by me even when I'm being kind of a fail blogger <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much hun. You guys are the best and I appreciate you all so much for being so nice to me. <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Gillian, I;m so glad you enjoy the blog :D I think I will get back on my feet and enjoy it a lot again. The past few months have just been so off for me. I get back on insurance next month and i will be able to get treatment and medicine again and that should help greatly! It makes me so sad to feel like I'm not enjoying things like I used to but I know I can get back there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it, the pastels are beautiful and the gradient was done brilliantly. Love even more with the black and white glitter, you've reminded me about my easter mani :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So Eastery and pretty! Have a great day love :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love everything about this manicure, but now I'm curious to see how it would have looked with all your possible choices on top of the gradient :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So beautiful! I'm a bit old-fashioned, I like it best without topper, it is so delicate and feminine.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I also think it's perfect. Gradients can be so tricky, especially when working with different formulas, and getting the right balance is important. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love how it looks with the matte top coat! So good <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is beyond gorgeous! I love it both with and without the glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These look great! Its perfectCheck this also NailsFashionProducts.com
    provides an extensive range of UV gel colors, UV gels for nails, UV gel
    polishes, Nail equipment, nail accessories and much more! Gel
    nail kits

    ReplyDelete
  16. that glitter is perfection with this color combo gradient! so want to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dear Sarah,
    Just checking to see how you are feeling today ;-)
    I hope once you start a good treatment things will be better.
    Just remember, no matter how down you feel, there will always come a time when you feel better. That's a fact !
    I am sending you a strong hug and some positive energy.

    ReplyDelete

I promise that I read and appreciate each and every comment!