Monday, August 13, 2012

A Rhyming Dictionary Indie Polish Swatches & Review!

Hey guys! How is your weekend going?? Anybody see the meteor shower the other night? It was too cloudy here : /
Anywho I have a review from A Rhyming Dictionary for you and I am so excited about these!

A Rhyming Dictionary Polishes are made by Morgan!
She is a Wizard of Oz Fanatic! Which is where these amazing polishes were inspired from!
I haven't read the Oz books, so to be honest I didn't know what some of these were until I looked them up :X But I do like in Kansas :) And the city I live in has..
  • Oz Museum
  • Oz Winery
  • OZtoberfest
  • And a restaurant called Toto's Tacoz!
These polishes are gorgeous! You can really tell that she has put in a lot of time, and worked really hard on them.

(L-R) Kaliko, Private Files, Betsy Bobbin, & Poly-Chrome.

(L-R) Private Files, Kaliko, Betsy Bobbin, & Poly-Chrome.
(L-R) Kaliko, Private Files, Betsy Bobbin, & Poly-Chrome.



Two coats of Kaliko over Essie-Bikini so teeny and accent of Cult Nails-Untamed.
Silver, purple, black, and white shard glitter.
I used two coats of Kaliko here. There were only 1-2 places where I felt the need to dab on more flakies to make them look more even. It applied great! But I do recommend 2-3 layers of topcoat.

I was so impressed by the fact that my husband not only noticed this manicure, but he LOVED the combo.
To me that makes it rank even higher! :)



Private Files over Zoya-Robyn.
Private Files was the hardest for me to apply, not because the formula but because it could use more glitter.
I had to dab glitter on for this one, the layers just didn't coat it very evenly since the glitter was a bit sparse.
But I do really love this polish, dabbing on glitter doesn't bother me, it is less convenient but worth the effort.

Make sure to wait until the polish is very dry if you do the dabbing method.
(The bubbles are from my Seche Vite, Why does this keep happening?)
 
Two coats of Betsy Bobbin over Cult Nails-Feelin' Froggy.
Matte glitter with tiny pink, red, and salmon, medium green and blue, and large black circles. 

I really REALLY love all of these polishes..but I think I have to say Betsy Bobbin is my favorite!
Completely unique to my collection and I LOVE the circle glitters! Which I haven't seen a ton and I am really enjoying them!
 Betsy Bobbin went on amazingly even! Wonderful formula! 
 
 Poly-Chrome over Cult Nails-Deal with It.
Silver squares, turquoise holo hexes, pink holo hexes, blue hexes, small purple hexes, gold holo hexes, black little hexes, gunmetal hexes, black squares, and turquoise micro-shimmer.
I really love this! It's not the most unique polish (I mean there are a lot of colorful glitters out atm)
But the Silver and Black squares make it really stand out for me. I just love all of the colors in this!
I'm not certain but I *believe* I used two coats.


Pros:
  • These Polishes are gorgeous! And have great formulas.
  • They are affordable, and come in two size bottles.
  • They are Three-Free.
Cons:
  • They might require some dabbing, which depending on how you feel about that could be a con.
  • Most require more than one coat of Topcoat, doesn't bother me but I can see if it might bother others.


You can purchase Morgan's polish from her Etsy shop HERE.
I really recommend these! She has even more on her Etsy and I think we will be seeing great things from her!
The Full size Polishes are priced at $7.50 (with the exception of Dorothy, a linear holo $8.50),
 and the Mini's at $3.50 
Follow A Rhyming Dictionary on Facebook, Twitter, and Morgan's Blog!

-Sarah! <3

*The products in this post were sent to me for the purpose of a 100% honest unbiased review.*

5 comments:

  1. Kaliko and Private Files are really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I havent tried any Indie polishes, but I'd love to! Amazing colors, details.. everything, love it!
    p.s. it was too cloudy here also, I was so sad :(

    ReplyDelete

I promise that I read and appreciate each and every comment!