Monday, August 6, 2012

Concrete Minerals Pro Matte Eyeshadow Swatches & Review!


Hey guys! I hope everyone had a stellar weekend! Nothing crazy here lol
I can't wait until Thursday though! That's when I get my new laptop!
This one is seriously in horrid condition! The screen won't even stand up on it's own, it is leaned up against a pillow as I type! lmao.

Anyway! Here is a post for fellow makeup lovers out there! 
I've really been wanting to try Concrete Minerals for a while now and I finally caved recently!
I'm so glad I did! I decided to try four of the Pro Matte Eyeshadows, since I have a lot less matte shadows than I would like!

The colors I chose: Toxic, Domino, Queen & Bruise.
 
 
The pots are huge! The 10 gram pots are packed with 2.5 grams of product!
 
Macro shot of Toxic. Matte Lime Green.
SAFE FOR: Eyes, Face, Nails (NOT Lips) 

Macro shot of Domino. Matte Peacock Blue.
SAFE FOR: Eyes, Face, Nails (NOT Lips) 
 
Macro shot of Queen. Matte Royal Purple.
(Also Queen is one of my very favorite bands!)
SAFE FOR: Eyes, Face, Nails (NOT Lips) 
Macro shot of Bruise. Matte navy Blue. (with sparkles!)
SAFE FOR: Eyes, Face, Nails (NOT Lips)


From L-R- Toxic, Domino, Queen & Bruise swatched on my arm.
I swatched these over the Concrete Minerals Electric Eye Primer. (Pictured Below)
Sorry it is a little messy, I cleaned in between them with a q-tip and makeup remover so that's the reasoning for the "bleeding" there. Still learning how to attempt makeup swatches! Patience my friends! Learn I will. :)

 Here is the eye look I did with all four! I love it so much! <3
Products used & where I used them below!
I used my 239 brush to pack Toxic onto my inner corner.
Then I packed Domino on right next to it. More Domino got covered than I wanted :(
I used my Mac 217 & Sigma E45 to blend Queen in my crease.
I used my 239 again to pack on some Bruise, then used my E45 to blend it into my crease.
I used my Sigma E05 (damp) to apply Bruise like eyeliner.
I used Bruise, Queen & Domino on my lower lash line with the E05 as well.
And I used BFTE Very vanilla as my highlight.

Primer: Concrete Minerals Electric Eye Primer.
Mascara: Guerlain Noir G Deluxe Sample on upper lashes,
Mac Zoom Lash-Blue Charge on lower lashes.
Eyeliner:Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes- Matte Black
Brows: Illamasqua Brow Cake-Thunder & Anastasia clear brow gel.

* Note *
I really had a hard time blending Queen into my crease with my Mac 217 brush,
Which typically is my go to blending brush. I thought that maybe it was the shade, or that I just can't blend matte eyeshadows worth a damn..until I tried to with my Sigma E45 (Tapered Blending Brush)
WHAT a difference! I think it's because the E45 has much softer bristles than the 217.
but if this happens to you-Give them a shot with another brush! I am so glad I did before I posted this!
*This is only a review for the shadows*
I have only used the Primer once so I cannot conclusively say anything about the wear yet really.
 I do know that after 8 hours I still had no creasing, but again I've only worn it once.
It has tiny little sparkles in it but they don't interfere with the colors whatsoever.
Seems like this will last a long time! Really good amount of product. (.35 oz)

Let me know if you have any questions! 

You can purchase Concrete Minerals HERE!
Mineral shadows are $7.00 (1.5 grams)
& Pro Matte Shadows are $8.00 (2.5 grams) 
They also sell Lippies for $6.00 (0.15 oz./4.25 grams)
They do NOT test on animals and 98% of their product line is currently vegan.

Don't forget to Like them on Facebook and Follow them on Twitter to keep up with new releases!
They have a Blog and Tumblr too!


-Sarah <3
Ahh Off to sleep for me!



*Products in this review were purchased by me at a discounted price to review*

14 comments:

  1. Fantastic post and gorgeous eye! :D I may have to feature your blog on mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks guys! Wendi you are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous eye makeup. Now I totally want to buy all four shadows and try to do it myself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This eye look is gorgeous! You're so talented. These shadows look great, but I doubt I could pull them off.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bruise is my favorite, it is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look fantastic!

    http://colorspiritattitude.blogspot.ro/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy pigment Batman! I love the look that you created!

    ReplyDelete
  9. good posting about Concrete Minerals Pro Matte Eyeshadow Swatches & Review!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your eyes look Aaaamazzzinnngg!!! Love CM makeup, just let people know it takes a little while to get the product, you have to wait for awesomeness... :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! the colour comb is amazing , I loved the matte eyeshadow
    You Have a lovely eyes

    ReplyDelete
  12. They look soo beautfiulllll

    xoxo
    Nida's Beauty Bag

    ReplyDelete

I promise that I read and appreciate each and every comment!