Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Sephora Formula X Hyped, an Ombre and a Gradient!



Hi guys! Here is a quick post before my review!
I used these manicures as "undies" for the new Polish Revolution collection.
I thought I should post them before the review to avoid bulking up that post :)

Sephora Formula X Hyped
Sephora Formula X Hyped - Three coats.

This isn't a review post but I want to say really quickly that I was disappointed in this formula.
Definitely manageable, nothing too difficult but I guess I expected more from Sephora!
It just didn't apply very evenly. The formula was kind of a let down, but the color is gorgeous!

Gray Ombre
The colors used for this Ombre:
Finger Paints Stunning Stilettos, Zoya Kelly, Zoya Petra, and A England Camelot.

IMG_7968
And for this gradient I used Zoya Breezi, NOPI Khloe Had A Little Lam Lam, and China Glaze Holly Day.
I sponged them over a white base using the sponge painting method.


Okay be prepared to see these layered on and even more gorgeous!



17 comments:

  1. oh man, I wanted you to say the Sephora polishes were awesomefabulousperfect. Because I need that color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't get me wrong it wasn't completely awful. I would buy it again personally, but I had super high hopes.
      This is the only one I have tried so far though! I have a glitter topper too and it looks nice and dense!

      Delete
  2. despite the application issue noted, i NEED that Sephora X polish, like yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is insanely pretty! I want a few of the other Sephora X Electrics too!

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous gradient! Do you have a tutorial somewhere for this sponge painting method? Yours looks far neater than mine always do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have a real tutorial but this post shows how I do it with a gif!

      http://www.samariums-swatches.com/search/label/piCture%20pOlish

      Delete
    2. Cool, thank you!! I've been doing it by dipping a sponge tipped eyeshadow applicator in polish and even dabbing it on, but that doesn't create nearly as neat of a look as your method does!

      Delete
    3. Thanks! There is more cleanup this way..unless you tape around your nails but the tape irritates my skin easy. It's worth it imo! It blends colors together great! Just do one dab onto the nail at a time (with all the colors on the sponge) let it dry mostly before you do another or it can pick up the color. I just do one "layer" on each nail instead of just doing on at a time, I go back and forth.

      Hopefully that makes some sense lol I'm not great at explaining things!
      (That is why I keep telling my self to make videos!)

      Delete
  4. That Sephora shade is just stunning, love how it looks but not so impressed with potential formula issues.

    ReplyDelete
  5. holy balls, i NEED that Formula X polish IMMEDIATELY!!! Oh wowza!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy cow. I am in love with that gradient!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hyped is gorgeous, too bad the formula was such a problem

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's interesting that the Sephora X polish didn't have a great formula! I've only tried one and it was great. I guess you win some you lose some!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are such pretty manicures! But for the price of the new Sephora X polishes, I would expect perfection in formula!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well I Love the color of the sephora. sucks it's not AMAZING formula. Color is STUNNING though.
    I love the gradient.

    ReplyDelete

I promise that I read and appreciate each and every comment!