Saturday, October 29, 2011

Guest Post with The Kracked Kat!




Hey guys! Today's guest post is from Shannon at http://thekrackedkat.blogspot.com/! I am in Kansas now! And I will be back On Nov 6th!




* ALL images belong to The Kracked Kat and Aren't mine*
Maggie was kind enough to ask me to create a Halloween manicure for her Halloween Event she is hosting all month long. My inspiration came from a pin I found on Pinterest of a set of false nails being sold on etsy.
I used Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Grass Slipper a bright lime green as a base coat.
Then I applied a thin coat of Color Club Smash Hit fracture polish.  Smash Hit is a black crackle finish polish.  I have found that the thinner the coat the more fractures you get on the nail.  


A heavy coat of Sally Hansen Double Duty Base & Top Coat allowed me to set a craft google eye onto the nail.  Once the top coat dried I applied another coat to "set" the eye in place.
 
My daughter sported these at a a Halloween party and got many compliments on them.
  
This is not the kind of manicure to wear if you are planning on wearing it a long time.  Eventually you will the google eyes will fall off due to over use and wear, but they are perfect for a special occassion, like a Halloween Party.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I promise that I read and appreciate each and every comment!