Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Incoco Nail Appliqués - Review!

Hey guys! Today's post is a review of Incoco 'Zig' Nail Appliqués!
If you follow me on twitter you probably heard me mention I was doing a wear test on them.
I finally got around to editing the pictures and now here we are!

This was my very first experience with nail polish strips/appliques, so keep reading if you want to know how it went!

Incoco Nail Strips
*Products in this post were sent to me for the purpose of a 100% honest unbiased review.*
Incoco Zig Nail Strips Day 1  (2)
Incoco Zig Nail Strips Day 1  (1)
Day 1

These were taken right after application.

Incoco Zig Nail Strips Day 5 (4)
Incoco Zig Nail Strips Day 5 (5) Incoco Zig Nail Strips Day 5 (3)
Day 5

Here are my nails five full days after application.

Incoco Nail Strip Wear Test
Here is a comparison of Day 1 & Day 5.
______________________________________________________

Okay so I am seriously SO impressed with these! I tested them for five days, I SWEAR!
I can't get over how well they look after five full days! I wanted to for seven but I really missed painting my nails!
I think five days is still a good amount of test time to show you what to expect.
I predicted to have a harder time applying these, it wasn't super easy and perfect..but I did okay!
Though there were no leftover pieces when I was done due to screwing up.

So first I want to say that despite what Incoco says I decided to use base coat with these.
It says you don't need to use base coat of topcoat so I applied them without base coat but they weren't sticking very well. (Probably from over handling them or possibly leftover oil on my nails.)
The base coat really helped them adhere,  make sure you know how to apply these well before using base coat with them. Once you place it with base coat it is ON. Without base coat you are able to peel it up and try again.
I liked using the base coat anyway because I don't like going without my nail strengthener.
And I think that is part of the reason that they wore so well! I decided to try my right hand with topcoat as
well as the base coat and had different results. (I don't have any pictures of that hand, it was pretty abused and dry.
Plus I really suck at taking pictures of it!)

 On Day 5 on my right hand, my pointer and middle nails had large chips and some chips near my cuticles.
I'm right handed so that hand does get a little more beaten up but I think it had more to do with the topcoat on top.
My right hand kept catching on my hair and I think that helped it chip and pull bits off.
My left hand didn't catch on my hair once. The chips were large enough for me to want to pick at them and just decided to remove the strips from those two nails before I kept picking at them and damaged my nail beds.

While testing I actually went out of my way to wash more dishes than usual and it was during my daughters birthday party and I cleaned a lot! So I gave them a good beating! I really can't say how well they wear without base coat yet but I will try to test again without it. But after five days I really just had tip wear and a little bit missing near the corner edges.

I think these are really great, especially for those who either aren't very good at nail art or just don't have the time for it! They go on relatively fast and have no dry time! Win! You just remove them with nail polish remover and you are done.
Plus they have a huge array of shades and designs! The holiday ones look really fun!


Okay *whew* sorry for all the text!! Just trying to be thorough! I know it can be a pain to read a giant block of text
so if you have any questions fee free to ask in the comments section!


Incoco 
Nail Appliqués are available for purchase from http://www.incoco.com/.

Manicure and Pedicure Colors are $7.99 and Manicure and Pedicure Designs are $8.99.
You can also purchase French Tip Appliqués for $9.99!

Follow Incoco on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest!

Incoco Collage

What do you think of Nail Appliqués/Nail Strips?
Have you tried them before? If so what was your experience with them?



*Products in this post were sent to me for the purpose of a 100% honest unbiased review.*

13 comments:

  1. They are extremely impressive! Some strips are just glorified stickers and it's hard to know which ones will be good, these definitely are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been dying to try true, nail polish appliques, but just can't commit to them because I change up my polish every other/every day. I might just have to give these a try though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nail polish appliques never seem to work for me! Will have to try these (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that design! It's interesting to see how differently they wear on different people!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW these are gorgeous! Nail polish strips have to be really, really pretty to tempt me, and these do!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look beautiful! Love the pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are really great designs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Incoco Nail Appliques and that chevron design is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, lovely! Obsessed with chevrons! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's funny, I had the exact opposite experience with Incoco--without topcoat they kept snagging on my clothes, so I always wear topcoat with them! :-P

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love these. Such a fun design!

    ReplyDelete

I promise that I read and appreciate each and every comment!