Friday, January 17, 2014

Contrary Polish On the Rocks Collection - Swatches & Review!



Hi all! I'm so sorry that I've been AWOL lately! I have a post to give a sort of explanation coming up soon!
I know I said I wanted to start off strong this year but it just didn't happen, LOL! Anyway, more on that later!

Today's post is the recent Contrary Polish On the Rocks Collection!
Get ready to be absolutely astounded by gorgeous shimmer!
Contrary Polish On the Rocks Macros Contrary Polish Almandine
Almandine - Three thin coats.

"an oxblood red with gold to green color-shifting shimmer"


Contrary Polish Dioptase
Dioptase - Three thin coats.



"a bluish green with antique gold and green shimmer"


Contrary Polish Fluorite
Fluorite - Three thin coats.

"a blurple with green to pink color-shifting shimmer"


Contrary Polish Graphite
Graphite - Three thin coats.



"a muddled grey jelly with varied shimmer/micro-flakes - gold, silver, pink, grey"


Contrary Polish Obsidian
Obsidian - Three thin coats.

"a near-black purple jelly with varied color-shifting shimmer - green and blue shifting to pink and blurple"


Contrary Polish Tigers Eye
Tiger's Eye - Three thin coats.

"a bronzy brown with metallic gold shimmer"


Contrary Polish Rainbow Hematite
Rainbow Hematite - Three thin coats.

Rainbow Hematite is a special treat for those who order the collection directly from Contrary Polish!
It is a gorgeous purple-ish grey linear holo. It is more holo than it looks in my photo!


______________________________________________________

I'm incredibly impressed with this collection, I'm consistently blown away by Contrary Polish and her epic use of shimmer. She is just amazing with it! I've said it before many times but I use very thin coats.
I believe many of these could definitely be used with two coats instead of three, I just prefer really thin coats.
A couple of these were a little sheer and a tiny bit patchy on the first coat but they evened out perfectly.

I always try to do my best with pictures but ..it really doesn't do many of these true justice!
Especially Fluorite and Obsidian! I have to say this is my new favorite collection by Contrary Polish.
I love the colors, the shimmers and the theme. I had a rock collection as a girl :)

If not my favorite then it is definitely tied with her last collection!
(See my review of the No Place like Home Collection here!)


To purchase this collection directly from Contrary Polish you can go to her blog.
In her sidebar she has instructions on how to order them from her!

Or you can purchase her polishes from the following stockists.

Llarowe
Femme Fatale Cosmetics
Norway Nails
Rainbow Connection
Mei Mei's Signatures

Also be sure to follow Contrary Polish on Facebook and Twitter to stay up to date!

Contrary Polish On the Rocks Collection (1)





13 comments:

I promise that I read and appreciate each and every comment!