Friday, January 24, 2014

WoW - Where have I been?



Hi guys! I just wanted to make a post saying that I am sorry I fell off the grid recently!
After New Years we were heading home from my sister's house and we got in a car accident.
Don't worry nothing too bad, luckily we were all 100% fine. Not an amazing way to start off the new year though!
We headed back to my sisters house after the accident and decided to wait out the snow and leave the next day.
So that is what we did! But then on the way home, about an hour out our tire popped on the interstate. *sigh*
It was just a really not great start this year lol!

So we finally got home and then after a couple of days it was my birthday! (The 5th!)
For my birthday my family headed up here with their laptops in tow to have a birthday celebration of sorts lol.
We snacked, ate cheesecake and played a lot of WoW. So yep, pretty much a birthday LAN party with my family, hehe.

For those of you who don't know what WoW is, it's a MMO called World of Warcraft.
Me and my hubby have been playing early 2007. But I quit about 2 years ago.
My husband deployed and I stopped playing due to less time, and pretty much gave up gaming in general
with a couple of annual exceptions. It's hard to try to raid with a small child, so I quit.
But Sky is older now, she likes to play with her toys alone sometimes, likes to color, or plays her DS
or ABC Mouse (amazing btw) so I get some time to play without the guilt now!

Well...mostly. Now I feel guilt for not blogging! I just wanted to take some time off from the stressful start of the
year and do something I missed so much with my family, something I sacrificed to be a better mother.
(Not that all people have to quit doing something they love to be a good parent!
I personally am just bad at juggling time and spent too much time on WoW)
I continued not playing because of my blog and how much time it takes, not that I mind usually!
I just know doing both will be hard for me which is why I didn't give in... until now! D:

But I just hit level 90 on my main character the other day so I should have more free time now.
Started raiding with my hubby, sister, and bil again for the first time in years!
Anyway I just wanted to let you know why I haven't been blogging, and don't worry I'm not quitting or anything,
I just felt I needed a "me break" and a break to feel the joy and love for blogging again.
I'm so sorry for this long and text-y! I just felt you guys deserved an explanation from me. :)

Now that I explained, here are some screen shots from WoW!

Here is my main, my mage! Does the name look familiar? hehe
My druid!
Here is my Rogue :) This was my very first character. She was so awesome when the level cap was 70.
I really need to level my alts. I have other characters on my old server as well.
Some screenshots of Hyjal, I was flying through to go to level up my Archaeology and I just love this place!
I just wish it was the Eye of Sauron! hehe
I *believe* this was in the Siege of Orgrimmar but I'm still learning the new raids D:
I got a new awesome staff from this run :D

I also feel the need to mention that I named my character "Snookie" that because I used to call my husband that when we were younger. (Way before JS) I hate reality tv shows and it has nothing to do with Jersey Shore, lol.
That show ruined my nickname for him :( At least that nickname anyway.

Do any of you guys play WoW or another mmo? If you play wow let me know which sever you are on!
I've been tempted to do wow nail art in the past, now that i am playing again I might have to!

19 comments:

  1. I've been playing WoW since release and I'm on Stormrage (alliance). My main is Kylorii and I'm a holy/disc priest. I'm taking a short break at the moment because I'm playing Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn, but I'll be back on WoW soon lol. It's hard to stay away for long. =) You should totally do WoW nail art! xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to! The main reason I didn't was that I quit playing but now I have no excuse not to!

      Delete
  2. I never got into WoW because I'm bad at time management lol. I knew it would be bad for my grades so I just never started. I do play Planetside 2, which is a MMOFPS that released just over a year ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same, I am awful at it! I have a hard time blogging because of it.
      I really wish I was just naturally good at "juggling" things!

      Delete
  3. I'm a lurker around nail polish but I do love MMO's. I don't play WoW but am an avid EQII player so I understand the need for those maxxed out characters for sure! awesome fun. EQII has raiding, adventuring, questing and unreal housing which is a lead into the next version of EQ - EQ Landmark and EQ Next which are heading for beta etc soon. I think there will be many things in it that will be reminiscent of games like WoW, Planetside, Minecraft etc etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm so happy to see that so many other polish lover game too!
      I tried EQ but I didn't like it as much :( I think it is just because I started playing wow first though.
      Same reason I stopped playing GW2. It just wasn't wow, lol!

      Delete
  4. Not a great start to the year, but having started with that kind of stuff, it has to improve from there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This makes me miss Wow a little bit, but I've wasted waaaaay too much time on that game (I have six 90s on Doomhammer). But maaaybe I should play a little bit again :oP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same way about the wasted time. But I missed it so much!
      I mean it makes me feel unproductive but is it time wasted if you had fun?
      I have so many good memories from wow. Me and my husband and sister, and BIL and my brother all play! (My brother is taking a break atm though!)

      Delete
  6. I played EQ on and off for about 14 years but I switched to GW2 in December. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We played GW2 when it came out for 6 or so months but I just didn't love it as much as wow. It's a great game though!

      Delete
  7. WoW nerd since 2007 as well. Used to be a big time raider, but then it just got to be a chore to organize. I have also played SWTOR, GW2, TERA, other randoms. I got into the Hearthstone beta and have been loving it! Have you tried that one yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never tried SWTOR or Tera (my husband did though) I did try EQ and the LOTR MMO and GW2 but none of them pull me in like wow does! lol #addicted4life

      I did download hearthstone to try the beta but i haven't actually tried it yet!
      We used to raid a lot but then it got to be too hard with the little one and casual playing can get boring sometimes : / I'm trying to keep it at a better balance in between this time!

      Delete
  8. I used to play Wow during Wrath and raided semi-hardcore for a while, but how much i played kinda died down and I quit just after MOP was released! I am tempted to get the new expansion though! My main was a Troll Hunter :):)
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just discovered your site through Vampy Varnish's blog listing, and I love it! I'm commenting here first, as a fellow gamer :-) I think it's so awesome that you and your family all play WoW together! My husband and I are gamers, but no-one else :-P I've never played WoW, only GW 2 (in the sense of MMORPGs) but I'm an RPG gamer to the core :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey, just wanted to say, I only just discovered your blog and I'm so glad because your photos are stunning. I used to play WoW as well (since TBC) but I quit soon after start of Cataclysm. I was a bit bored of it I guess and it also wasn't flexible enough because school was getting more intense, and since my guild raided 4-5 times a week for 4 hours! But that's what I enjoyed most about the game so it was either that or no WoW. I played a destro/demo 'lock until the end of Wrath and then some disc/holy priest :) I'm currently addicted to League of Legends :)

    ReplyDelete

I promise that I read and appreciate each and every comment!