Friday, January 31, 2014

OPI Gwen Stefani Collection - Swatches & Review!



Hey guys! Who else is excited that it is Friday? Anybody have any fun plans today or this weekend?
Not a lot going on here (what else is new!) Today I'm going to head to Sephora to get my birthday gift
 before the month is over! Yeah, I'm a procrastinator! Probably going to get groceries too... fun times!

Well today's post is featuring the new Limited Edition Gwen Stefani Collection from OPI!
I'm so excited about this collection, I love the colors and Gwen Stefani!
I don't know much of her new music but I still listen to No Doubt all the time!



Opi 4 In The Morning (2)
4 In The Morning - Two coats.

4 In The Morning is a black semi-matte satin polish with microshimmer!
At first glance the formula didn't seem that great. It was a little streaky on the first coat but evened out with the second. 

Opi 4 In The Morning (1)
4 In The Morning + Topcoat.

IMG_2296
This manicure has 4 In the Morning topcoated on my ring finger nail and pinky nail,
And my pointer nail and middle nail are stamped with MoYou Pro Collection - 07 and Push and Shove.


Hey Baby - Three coats.

Hey Baby is a bright, shiny pink creme. The formula was really good and went on smooth and easy.
I definitely think you can get away with two coats with it!

In True Stefani Fashion - One coat over Hey Baby.

In True Stefani Fashion is a sparkly topcoat with silver microglitter and small silver holographic square glitters.
I wish it had a little more squares in it, but I also didn't shake it prior to swatching so maybe they sunk a bit?
It went on evenly with really good glitter coverage, you can get away with one coat or use two coats for extra glamour!

Opi I Sing In Color
I Sing In Color - Two coats.

I Sing in Color is a dark brownish red wine/maroon color.
Applied really great, the formula was thin but not runny and pigmented.


In True Stefani Fashion over I Sing In Color.

Opi Love.Angel.Music.Baby
Love.Angel.Music.Baby. - Two coats.

Love.Angel.Music.Baby. is a shimmering pale gold semi-matte satin nail polish.

Formula was really good, didn't give me any problems at all!
I prefer it with topcoat though! (see below) Topcoat just brings out the shimmer!

Opi Love.Angel.Music.Baby topcoated
Love.Angel.Music.Baby. + topcoat.


Over & Over A-Gwen - Three coats.

Over & Over A-Gwen is a glossy, vivid red creme.
The formula was impeccable. Seriously flawless. It went on so smooth and so evenly.
Two coats is all that is needed for opacity, I added a third just to be sure that flash didn't show any VNL.

Over & Over A-Gwen comes with a small container of OPI nail glue, and crystals and studs from Swarvoski Elements.

Opi Push and Shove (1)
Opi Push and Shove (3)
Push and Shove - Two coats.

Push and Shove is a reflective, silver chrome nail polish.
Push and Shove comes with a mini base coat called Lay Down that Base.

I tried it both with and without the base coat and I didn't notice a dramatic difference personally.
The big deal with this polish is to apply one coat at a time and let it dry fully before adding another.
And I found best results when I applied it faster. It's not a polish that you can really take your time applying.
Pretty much try to get it on as evenly and neatly..as fast as you can!

The only problem I had was not getting enough to cover the nail at first.
When that typically happens you can re-dip the brush and smooth it out and it's fine, but with Push
and Shove you need to get enough right away. If you go back over again it just doesn't look great.
So it's not the easiest application, but I think it is well worth it! Definitely the most chrome/metallic polish that I own!

Opi Over & Over A Gwen (2)
Opi Over & Over A Gwen (1)
Here is a photo of the packaging for Over & Over A-Gwen!
Unfortunately I forgot to get a picture of the studs/gems before I started using them, but ---  has a picture in her post!

______________________________________________________

I'm really happy with this collection! Some of them aren't unique, but the formulas are incredible.
I really love the cute bottle tops too! They totally inspire me to do a cute striping tape mani!
It's really hard to pick favorites, but Push & Shove is definitely the coolest one!!
It reminds me of a super old Chrome Sally Hansen polish I had in middle school! I didn't even wear polish much back then (I was a tomboy) but it was my favorite! I think Push and Shove is even better!

This collection is available at Professional Salons, including Beauty Brands, Beauty First, Chatters, Dillard’s, JCPenney, Pure Beauty, Regis, Trade Secret, and ULTA, for $9.00 ($10.95 CAN). 
The Over & Over A-Gwen boxed set including and SWAROVSKI ELEMENTS retails for $14.95 ($18.95 CAN).

Follow OPI on Facebook, Instagram, & Twitter to stay updated on new collections!


Opi Gwen Stefani Collection

What are your thoughts on this collection? Have any plans to purchase these, or have you already?Make sure to come check out some cute nail art I did with this collection on the blog tomorrow!


14 comments:

  1. Love this collection - Great swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh I love this collection more each time I see it! And your swatches are amazing as always ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. GORGEOUS swatches!! And stamping with Push and Shove...genius!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ^Agree with this! I'm def. gonna have to try stamping with it myself. I have a good silver, but it *could* be better, ya know? ;)

      Delete
  4. Love.Angel.Music.Baby. was a surprising favorite for me from this collection.

    ReplyDelete
  5. the mani with 4 in the morning and push & shove looks great! those two colors just fit so well together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I picked up Love.Music.Baby and Push & Shove yesterday and immediately applied LMB, and I love it so much more with top coat too! Your swatches are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OPI nails it again, love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous Sarah! LOVE the stamping you did!

    ReplyDelete

I promise that I read and appreciate each and every comment!