Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Nicole by OPI Carrie Underwood Collection - Swatches & Review!



Hi guys, Happy Tuesday!! Man I can't believe that it is about to be February already!
I feel like January has flown by! Hopefully the rest of  winter flies by too, I'm ready for warm weather!

Today's post is the Nicole by OPI Carrie Underwood Collection!
I may not be a fan of Carrie Underwood but I am a big fan of this collection!

Nicole by Opi American As Apple Pie
American As Apple Pie - Two coats.

American As Apply Pie is classic red creme with a subtle micro shimmer.
The shimmer isn't in your face but I love it, it has an amazing formula - went on smoothly & evenly.
I wore this for days, I just couldn't bear to take it off!
 My husband actually commented twice in one day about what a pretty red this was!
He doesn't usually pay much attention, so that is a big deal!

Nicole by Opi Backstage Pass (2)
Backstage Pass - Three coats.

Backstage Pass is a deep, vampy browned plum with subtle fuchsia microshimmer.
It started off sheer but built up beautifully at three coats.

Nicole by Opi Carrie'd Away
Carrie'd Away -  Three coats.

Carrie'd Away is a full coverage gold micro glitter polish/topcoat.
I haven't tried it layered but it seems to be a perfect density for layering or building it up on it's own.
The formula was great, went on very smooth and dispersed evenly.

Nicole by Opi Carnival Cotton Candy (2)
Carnival Cotton Candy - Three coats.

Carnival Cotton Candy is a confectionery pink creme.
The formula was awesome, not too thin or too thick.
I used three coats but I'm certain that you can get the same coverage in two thicker coats.

Nicole by Opi Color Me Country
Color Me Country - Three coats.

Color Me Country is a medium pink crellyish creme polish.
I used three coats and it was the perfect coverage. Opaque with a hint of squishiness.

Nicole by Opi Fisher Queen
Fisher Queen - Two coats.

Fisher Queen is a dark purple polish full of purple shimmer.
The formula was good, it went on a little patchy at first but I think I should have just waited a little longer in between coats.

Nicole by Opi Goodbye Shoes
Goodbye Shoes - Two coats.

Goodbye Shoes is a interesting greenish grey creme polish.
I love this colors, I can't think of another polish similar in my collection!
The formula seems thin on the first coat but evens out perfectly with the second coat!

Nicole by Opi Lips Are Dripping Honey
Lips Are Dripping Honey - One coat over Sweet Daisy.

LADH is a mixture of gold glitter, gold iridescent glitter, and gold holographic glitters in a clear base.
It has good coverage, not super dense or too sparse,a perfect medium!
Application was easy, it went on evenly effortlessly.

Nicole by Opi Love My Pups
Love my Pups - Four coats.

Love My Pups is a delicate faint pink crelly polish.
It is very sheer and I needed four coats for opacity, it went on pretty even for me but it was just super sheer.
I think this is a perfect polish for jelly sandwiches, but I'm not sure how often I will wear it on it's own.

Nicole by Opi Party Bus
Party Bus - One coat with minor placement over Love My Pups.

Party Bus is a concoction of three different sizes and shapes of holographic glitters in a clear base.
I found it to be a little more sparse than I'd prefer, but one coat with a little bit of placement gives decent coverage.
It may require a bit of fishing for the large glitters if you want more on the nail.

Nicole by Opi Sing Like You A Bee
Sing You Like A Bee - Two coats.

Sing You Like A Bee is a complex white and gold shimmer polish, with a pretty green luster.
It is really impossible to capture! Absolutely gorgeous though.
The formula is great, a little thick but it slides on evenly. Great to wear alone or layered.

Nicole by Opi Some Hearts (1)
Some Hearts - Three coats.

Some Hearts is a pretty red toned coral crellyish creme polish.
The formula was very good, it went on super easy and even.
I used three thin coats but I think two coat would easily suffice.

Nicole by Opi Southern Charm
Southern Charm - Three coats.

Southern Charm is a pretty nude creme polish.
It was a little sheer so I used three thin coats.
It went on nicely, not perfectly even but not streaky for me either.

Nicole by Opi Sweet Daisy
Sweet Daisy - Three coats.

Sweet Daisy is a peach creme with a touch of squishiness.
It went on really nicely. I love the color so much! I don't have many peach shades so I love this addition!

______________________________________________________

I'm really loving this collection! It has a great array of shades. Cremes, shimmers, and different kinds of glitters! 
It's really well rounded and I love that. Love My Pups is very sheer so I will likely only use it for glitter/jelly sandwiches.
I don't consider the formula bad though. I'm not a huge fan of Party Bus but I wasn't disappointed in any of these polishes.

For my favorites of this collection - this is a hard choice!
I know that American As Apple Pie is definitely on that list! I've been so into reds lately and it is perfect.

I also really love Sing You Like A Bee, Backstage Pass, Some Hearts and Sweet Daisy!

I kind of wish i understood some of the names more but I know nothing about Carrie Underwood or any of her songs, lol! Just not my type of music.

This limited edition collection is available for purchase for $7.99 at the following retailers:
CVS, Duane Reade, HEB, Kroger, Kmart, Ulta, Walmart, Fred Meyer, Meijer, and Harmon locations.  

In Canada, these shades will be available for $10.99 each at Shoppers Drug Mart, Target Canada, Walmart Canada, Jean Coutu, London Drug, and Loblaws.


To stay up to date with Nicole by OPI you can follow them on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!


Nicole by Opi Carrie Underwood Collection (2)

Are any of these shades calling out to you?
Which are your favorites?



13 comments:

  1. Hm, I'll take Backstage Pass, Fisher Queen and Some Hearts, please! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shades in this collection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the gold glitter! It's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are gorgeous! Great swatches!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful swatches! I love Lips Are Dripping Honey!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this is such a pretty collection! Girly and fun <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous swatches, love these colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Color Me Country is my favorite here! So nice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are all SO gorgeous! That red! Ermahgerd, that red! :0

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are gorgeous! I don't think I can pick just one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow!! I can honestly say I love every color!! Great swatches as always!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome swatches as always! They're all gorgeous colors and I love the look of Love My Pups, but I'd like to find one that looks like that in about two coats. >.>

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous swatches as forever!!!!! I LOVE THIS!!

    ReplyDelete

I promise that I read and appreciate each and every comment!