Saturday, December 7, 2013

Lush Cosmetics - Skincare & Holiday Bath Products Review



Hi all! Today's post is a bit different.. but just as fun!
I have some amazing products from Lush Cosmetics to share with you all today!

I'm sorry posts have been few and far between, I keep getting unlucky, my SD card disappeared so I had to
order a new one after searching for two days and I just got it yesterday. So I have a lot of swatches to do! 

Lush  (1)

Lush Bombardino (2)
Bombardino (3.1 oz for $5.25)

Bombardino is a lemon cheesecake scented bath bomb with cocoa butter as the primary ingredient.
It turns your bath water a pretty sunlit yellow and has a light scent. 

I found it to be less moisturizing than most of the Lush bath bombs/bubble bars/melts I've tried.
It felt nice and still moisturized my skin. I do wish the smell was a little more prevalent though. 

IngredientsSodium Bicarbonate , Citric Acid , Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao) , Soya Milk Powder (Glycine soja) ,Fragrance , Radiant Gold Lustre (Potassium Silicate, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, and Iron Hydroxide) ,Bergamot Oil (Citrus Aurantium bergamia) , Sicilian Lemon Oil (Citrus limonum) , Fair Trade Vanilla Absolute (Vanilla Planifolia) , Cornflour (Zea mays) ,Sodium Laureth Sulfate , Titanium Dioxide , Gardenia Extract (Gardenia jasminoides) , *Limonene , *Linalool ,FD&C Yellow No. 5 , Aluminium Lake , FD&C Yellow No. 5 , D&C Orange No. 4 , Snowflake Lustre (Potassium Silicate & Titanium Dioxide) , Dairy Free Chocolate Drops (Sucrose, Cocoa Liquor, Cocoa Butter, Vanilla)

This product does not contain animal products of any kind.

Lush Candy Mountain (1)
Candy Mountain ($3.5 oz. for $7.45)

Candy Mountain is a sparkly polka dot pink & white swirled bubble bar that smells like vanilla and candy!
It turns your bath water into a gorgeous shade of shimmering pink and smells wonderful.
It was very moisturizing and also bubbled incredibly well! 


Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate , Cream of Tartar (Potassium bitartrate) , Sodium Laureth Sulfate , Lauryl Betaine ,Citric Acid , Fragrance , Cornflour (Zea mays) ,Snowflake Lustre (Potassium Silicate & Titanium Dioxide) , Fair Trade Vanilla Absolute (Vanilla Planifolia), Titanium Dioxide , Polyester-3 , Methyl Ionone , D&C Red 28 , D&C Red No. 21

This product does not contain animal products of any kind.

Lush Dream Cream (2)
Lush Dream Cream (3)
Dream Cream (8.4 oz. for $26.95)


Dream Cream is a moisturizing, calming hand and body lotion with Olive oil, cocoa butter, and Rose and Lavendar oils that soothes chapped skin. It is a little greasy right after you apply it but it fully absorbs in the skin after a few minutes. 
Again I don't love the smell but it also doesn't bother me either and it doesn't linger for long.

Ingredients: Oat Milk (Avena sativa) , Rose Water (Rosa centifolia) ,Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Olea europaea) , Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao) , Glycerine , Stearic Acid ,Triethanolamine , Tincture of Benzoin (Styrax benzoin) ,Rose Absolute (Rosa centifolia) , Chamomile Blue Oil (Matricaria Chamomilla) , Tea Tree Oil (Melaleuca alternifolia) , Lavender Oil (Lavandula hybrida) ,Cetearyl Alcohol , *Geraniol , *Limonene , *Linalool ,Fragrance , Methylparaben , Propylparaben

This product does not contain animal products of any kind.

Lush Melting Snowman (2)
Melting Snowman (2.1 oz for $5.95)

The Melting Snowman luxury bath melt is a spicy scented, moisturizing melt made with both Cocoa and Shea butters and almond oil. It has a strong aroma of cinnamon and cloves. I didn't love the scent as much as I expected, it smelled a little cologney for me personally. It turned the water in the bath a white, foggy color.
It was very moisturizing but did leave a bit of a mess in the tub afterwards.

Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate , Icing Sugar , Citric Acid , Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao) , PEG-6 Caprylic / Capric Glycerides & PEG60 Almond Glycerides , Almond Oil (Prunus dulcis) , Titanium Dioxide , Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii) , Cinnamon Leaf Oil (Cinnamomum zeylanicum) , Patchouli Oil (Pogostemon cablin) , Benzoin Resinoid (Styrax tonkinensis pierre) , Sweet Orange Oil (Citrus sinensis), Clove Leaf Oil (Eugenia caryophyllus) , Lime Oil (Citrus aurantifolia) , Grapefruit Seed Extract (Citrus grandis) , *Cinnamal , Coumarin , *Eugenol ,*Limonene , *Linalool , Fragrance , Dairy-Free Chocolate Drops (Sugar, Cocoa Liquor, Cocoa Butter, Vanilla) , Ginger Stem (Zingiber officinale)

This product does not contain animal products of any kind.

Lush Shoot for the Stars (1)
Shoot for the Stars (7.0 oz for $6.95)

Shoot for the Stars is a caramel toffee scented bath bomb (same scent as the Honey I washed the Kids soap and the It's Raining Men shower Gel). This bath bomb is HUGE and just in one word - amazing!
It smells terrific and it swirls pink and blue but eventually turns the bathwater into a pretty darker purple color. 

My husband shared this one with me and just rared about it! He loved the smell and the next day said 
that his skin has never felt so moisturized! So this was a big winner from both of us.

Ingredients: Sodium Bicarbonate , Citric Acid , Brazilian Orange Oil (Citrus sinensis) , Bergamot Oil (Citrus Aurantium bergamia) , Cream of Tartar (Potassium bitartrate) ,Lauryl Betaine , Sodium Laureth Sulfate , Propylene Glycol , Glycol , Fragrance , Gardenia Extract (Gardenia jasminoides) , Titanium Dioxide , Benzyl Benzoate , Butylphenyl Methylpropional , *Limonene ,*Linalool , FD&C Red No. 4 , D&C Red No. 27 , D&C Red No. 33 , FD&C Blue No. 1 , FD&C Yellow No. 5 ,Yellow Lustre (Corn Starch, Maltodextrin, Potassium Aluminium Silicate, Potassium Sorbate, FD&C Yellow No. 5 Aluminium Lake) , Edible White Stars (Hydroxy Propyl Methyl Cellulose, Glycerin, Gum Arabic, Sodium Carboxy Methyl Cellulose, Potassium Aluminium Silicate, Titanium Dioxide, Potassium Sorbate, Flavor)

This product does not contain animal products of any kind.

Lush Skindrink (2) Lush Skindrink (3)
Skindrink (1.5 oz. for $23.95)

Skin Drink is a non-greasy facial moisturizer full of rose petal extract, fresh avocado, sesame oil and calming aloe vera extract to hydrate dry flaky skin. I really didn't expect that much because honestly most the moisturizers that I have tried haven't worked for me (and I have tried a lot) But I'm really pleased with this moisturizer! 
The scent isn't my favorite but the results are so worth it plus it is pretty light and doesn't linger after application. 
My skin is very dry and flaky due to my thyroid condition but this has alleviated almost all of the flakiness problems for me. It has cut down flaking by at least 90%.

Ingredients: Water (Aqua) , Sesame Oil (Sesamum indicum) ,Rose Petal Infusion (Rosa centifolia) , Fresh Avocado (Persea gratissima) , Almond Oil (Prunus dulcis) ,Propylene Glycol , Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao) ,Stearic Acid , Cetearyl Alcohol , Aloe Vera Extract (Aloe barbadensis) , Aloe Vera Gel (Aloe barbadensis) ,Evening Primrose Oil (Oenothera biennis) , Neroli Oil (Citrus amara) , Rose Absolute (Rosa centifolia) ,Triethanolamine , *Geraniol , *Farnesol , *Limonene ,*Linalool , *Citronellol , Perfume , Methylparaben ,Propylparaben

This product does not contain animal products of any kind.

Lush Snowcake Lush Snowcake Soap (1)
Snowcake Soap (3.5 oz for $7.95)

Snowcake is a sweet,  moisturizing soap that smells like almond icing and marzipan.
If you have ever used the Lush Smitten lotion, it smells exactly like it!
I really love this soap! It is moisturizing and the scent lingers nicely on your skin, not too strong but still there.

This is a new favorite for me! It smells sweet but not excessively so, which is important to me.

Ingredients: Water (Aqua) , Propylene Glycol , Rapeseed Oil ,Coconut Oil (Brassica napus; Cocos nucifera) ,Fragrance , Sodium Stearate , Sodium Lauryl Sulfate ,Sodium Hydroxide , Titanium Dioxide , Benzoin Resinoid (Styrax benzoin) , Rose Absolute (Rosa damascena) , Cassie Absolute (Acacia farnesiana) ,Sodium Chloride , Glycerine , EDTA , Tetrasodium Editronate , Benzyl Benzoate , Potassium Silicate , Iron Oxides , Iron Hydroxide 

This product does not contain animal products of any kind.

Lush Twilight Bodywash (3)
Twilight Shower Gel (16.9 oz. for $29.95)

Twilight is a beautiful purple shimmering, relaxing lavender and vanilla scented shower gel infused with lavender oils. 
I love lavender scents so much! I did find this to be pretty strong scented for me, but it it leaves a nice lighter version of the scent lingering on your skin which is nice.
If you get razor burn easily beware though I used this after I shaved and it burned a little bit.
I was very pleased with this shower gel but I can't say I noticed any extra moisture but I definitely didn't notice any 

dryness from it either. Unfortunately the Twilight Shower Gel isn't on the Lush website anymore (sorry!)

Ingredients: Lavender Flower Infusion, Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Lauryl Betaine,Propylene Glycol, Perfume, Lactic Acid, Lavender Oil, Benzoin Resinoid, Tonka Absolute, Ylang Ylang Oil, *Linalool, Colour 17200, Colour 42090,Methylparaben, Snowflake Lustre

This product does not contain animal products of any kind.

Lush Twilight Bodywash (2)
Look how GORGEOUS the Twilight shower gel is! Love the color & shimmer so much!

______________________________________________________

I'm a really big fan of Lush Cosmetics, especially their bath bombs and bubble bars.
This was my first experience trying their lotion, moisturizer and shower gel, it was really fun testing them out!
I've tried a lot of their bath bombs, bubble bars and melts but this was my very first time trying each product in this post.
I was a disappointed with the Bombardino bath bomb (Although I may have gotten a dud?) 
But I was very pleased with everything else.

I will definitely be purchasing Skin Drink as soon as I run out - It's my new go to moisturizer!
I loved it all but Snowcake and Shoot for the Stars were two of my very favorites with candy Mountain not far behind!

You can follow Lush Cosmetics on Facebook, Twitter, & Instagram!

Lush Collage (1)

Have you tried any of these products from Lush Cosmetics? Or tried any Lush products? The Lush Lemony Flutter Cuticle Butter if one of my holy grail products.

They have a huge array of products and scents, to suit 
every bodies different wants & needs!
They also have many amazing gift sets that would be prefect for the holidays!
If you have never tried Lush than I highly suggest them!


7 comments:

  1. You know I'm a big LUSH fan! Love their Christmas stuff this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, added a few of these to my wishlist. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely LOVE all of these products!!! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the lemony flutter as well, it smells so good! I don't regularly use any of their other products but my best friend is obsessed. My boyfriend got my mom a bath bomb set for Christmas, I think some of these were in it so I'm glad that most of them are good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are adorable....and they all sound so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't tried LUSH yet. I soooo need to try them!

    ReplyDelete

I promise that I read and appreciate each and every comment!