Thursday, December 19, 2013

Plaid Christmas Nail Art!



Hey guys! How are you all doing today? Have you done any Christmas manicures yet?

I tried my hand at some Christmas nail art! I've been wanting to try Plaid nail art for a while now!
I used my three new Elevation Polishes - Limestone, Volcanic Dust & Alpine Heights!
I used Christmas as an excuse to buy them hehe :)

I used the tutorial here from Emily (The Lacquerologist)

First I started off with Limestone as my base color, as seen below!

Elevation Polish Limestone (2) Elevation Polish Limestone (1)

Then I used Volcanic Dust for Steps 2 &3 of Emily's tutorial.
Then Limestone again for Step 4 and 5.
Followed by Alpine Heights and then I used a little but of Zoya Ziv.

See how it turned out below!


Christmasy Plaid Nail Art
Christmas Plaid Nail art (1) Christmas Plaid Nail art (6) Christmas Plaid Nail art (4) Christmas Plaid Nail art (3) Christmas Plaid Nail art (7) Christmas Plaid Nail art (5)
Sorry for all the pictures, I suck at narrowing them down!!

I really love how this manicure came out! I definitely should have used some thinner polishes though.
Either way it turned out well for a first attempt imo! What do you guys think?

I'm going to try another plaid manicure soon!


10 comments:

I promise that I read and appreciate each and every comment!