Saturday, February 11, 2012

New 2012 Milani Nail Lacquer shades Part 1!

Hey guys! Today's post is of some of the new 2012 Milani polish shades!
But if these aren't you're cup of tea don't worry there are many more posts to come! ;)


 & for swatches!
 
Three Coats of Milani-Silver Stilettos. This can completely be opaque with two coats (You'll see later)
This reminded me a lot of Zoya-Trixie, it isn't just Metallic it is shimmery too like Trixie is.
 
This is Milani-Signature Gold, I used two coats and they went on super smooth. It's a bit brush-strokey but that doesn't really bother me. I don't have many golds so I'm really happy to have this one enter my collection!
  
Milani-Teddy Brown, again two coats! I love these kind of colors kind of taupe-y grey's.
If you can't tell by the photo this one went on smooth and wonderful too! Great formula!!
 
I think this is my favorite of this bunch..I don't have many shimmer free browns and I love the darkness and richness of Milani-Dark Coffee. (As well as the name since I LOVE coffee!) But what it really reminds me of it chocolate! When I put it on (again 2 coats and fantastic formula) it looked like melt-y dark chocolate! I seriously wanted to lick it LOL Maybe that is just the foodie in me but man, it's making me craze some just looking at it!

Before I took off Teddy Brown I decided to try a little nail art! I knew people would be wondering if or how well the metallic shades stamp! It didn't stamp perfect but I 100% blame that on myself and I think these are great for stamping! I'm just slow with full nail stamps and aligning them : /
But first I stamped with Cheeky plate CH8 then I used a striping brush to make a stripe of Dark Coffee down the center of my nail. Followed by using a small dotting tool with the other three colors along the line.
 
 I wanted to do a really quick comparison of Trixie and Silver Stilettos, just on a nail wheel but here you go! 
 
 Zoya-Trixie is on the right, Milani-Silver Stilettos, left. (Two coats of each)
They aren't 100% dupes, Trixie is more shimmery and they aren't the same *exact* shade.
But if you want an awesome silver similar for a drugstore price I definitely recommend this one!

You can Purchase Milani products from http://www.milanicosmetics.com/
For $4.99 each, or from Drugstores such as Walgreens, CVS, etc
Which often do deals for BOGO's so I highly recommend picking up some Milani's if for some reason you haven't already!

I hope you all have a fantastic day! <3
-Sarah!

The Milani polishes above were sent to me for the purpose of a 100% honest unbiased review.


5 comments:

  1. I love Teddy Brown!!! The nail art looks really pretty too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the nail art you did! Such a creative use of stamp and freehand!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The browns are really nice and I love the nail art! The stamping came out really well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa, I really loved the stamped mani you did with all of them. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

I promise that I read and appreciate each and every comment!