Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Initial Lacquer Swatches & Review!

Hey guys! I have another new [to me] indie brand to show you today! Initial Lacquer!
IMG_6234
IMG_6231
Arctic Night, Dessert Time, Paradise Kiss, Santa Went Crazy!, & Snowy Owl.

PicMonkey Collage
Initial Lacquer Artic Night (1) Initial Lacquer Artic Night (2)
Arctic Night

"a blue jelly base with holo silver,green and red micro fine glitters."
I used three thin coats of Arctic Night. The formula was really smooth and went on super easy and evenly!
Initial Lacquer Dessert Time (1) Initial Lacquer Dessert Time (2)
Dessert Time

"a clear base mixed with matte glitters"

I layered Dessert Time over Elf Fab Fuchsia. Not really the best layering combination on my part, it makes it hard to see the bright colored glitters. Went on easily and evenly, I do wish there were more bright glitters but I also didn't fish for any.
IMG_8737  Initial Lacquer Paradise Kiss (1) Initial Lacquer Paradise Kiss (3)
Paradise Kiss

"a white shimmer base mixed with Iridescent and matte glitters."

The formula on Paradise Kiss wasn't that great, it's a bit thick but  bearable.

It can be opaque in three coats but it looks lumpy so I prefer it layered over white. 
The bottom two pictures are two thin coats layered over white. I think I may add a tiny bit of thinner to this though.
Initial Lacquer Santa Went Crazy! (1) Initial Lacquer Santa Went Crazy! Matte (2)

Santa Went Crazy!
"a sheer metallic silver base with glitters"


I wanted to pair this polish in a way where you guys could see that it's not just for the holidays!
I layered two thin coats over Opi German-icure. The second picture is matteified!
I really love this combo, it is so odd and neat! And I love the red circle glitters so much!
The formula was really good, spread evenly and not overly thick.

Initial Lacquer Snowy Owl (2) Initial Lacquer Snowy Owl (1)
Snowy Owl
"a clear base with gold, white and holo silver glitters"

I decided to layer Snowy Owl over Arctic Night, I think I just used one coat..but it could have been 1.5.
I just love the itty bitty micro bar glitters! I know a lot of people hate bar glitter but not me!
Especially the little tiny ones. The formula was great, spread on very evenly with ease.

______________________________________________________________

You can purchase Initial Lacquer Polishes from Etsy.
 They cost $9.00 for fullsize polishes and $4.50 for minis.

Keep up Iris and her polishes on FacebookTwitter, and Tumblr.

Have a Happy rest of the week guys!!
<3

*Products in this post were sent to me for the purpose of a 100% honest unbiased review.*

5 comments:

  1. Pretty! I like the bottles too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the first two, they are really pretty. And the bottles are cute, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I only like Arctic Night, but that one's super pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like Arctic Night. I'm not really a fan of the others.

    ReplyDelete

I promise that I read and appreciate each and every comment!