Tuesday, January 15, 2013

piCture pOlish Atomic - by Samarium's Swatches!!!

Hey guys!! Today is one of the most exciting days for me!
I finally get to tell you a secret that has been super hard to keep to myself!!
Do you remember my piCture pOlish Blogfest post from July?
Well because of that I was chosen (with many others) to help make a nail polish with piCture pOlish!
I got to work with the wonderful ladies from piCture pOlish to help create a Limited Edition collaboration shade with them!



Unfortunately I missed the package today so I didn't take my swatches with bottle pictures.
I do have a bottle atm but it isn't labelled but I did use it for some pretty macros later in this post!
I love my collaboration polish so much! It is very difficult to photograph though!

piCture pOlish Atomic macros
A single coat of Atomic over various polishes

First lets talk inspiration. Of course my first thought was the element Samarium!
Which my blog is named after. Samarium is a silvery white metal, named from the mineral samarskite.
Samarium oxidizes in the air, forming a grayish-yellow powder. Which is the reasoning for the gold shimmer sparkle in it! It is more visible when layering. But enough chit chat!

piCture pOlish Atomic (1)
piCture pOlish Atomic (4)
piCture pOlish Atomic (3)
piCture pOlish Atomic (2)
Atomic

I wish I could even begin to describe this polish. I will c&p the Picture Polish description when it is posted.
But trust me that this polish is beautiful and very intricate, I hope dearly that some fellow amazing bloggers will get their hands on it and help show it off!
I used three thin coats for opacity. Two coats is great coverage but there was a tiny but of VNL.
I love that this polish is versatile, not only does it build up beautifully- it can also be layered!
Granted it;s a little thick for layering so be sure to apply a nice even coat when doing so!
piCture pOlish Atomic piCture pOlish Atomic
piCture pOlish Atomic 1 coat vs 3 coats
Here is one coat vs three.
piCture pOlish Atomic Layered (1)
This picture have a single coat of Atomic over Illamasqua Poke, and Nails Inc Baker Street.
piCture pOlish Atomic layered
One coat over Gray, Black, Purple and on it's own.
piCture pOlish Atomic
IMG_9987
Single coat over black!

IMG_9903 IMG_9928
Here are two macro bottle shots for you! Seriously click them! So pretty!
_____________________________________________________

Picture Polish is available for purchase on their website here!
Keep up with piCture pOlish on Facebook & Twitter!

It will also be available via the piCture pOlish Network!

This polish is Limited Edition if it does well it may be added to their line so if you like it please buy it sooner rather than later :D
It will launch shortly and I will include a link to it directly when I can!
Click HERE to purchase Atomic from piCture pOlish.com!

Also make sure to checkout my fellow bloggers shades!
Jen The Polishaholic's shade - Mallard
Sheila from Pointlesscafe - Focus
Sahrish from Sahrishadeel - Majesty

Cathy at More Nail Polish has swatches up now, go look here!

I have never once thought that one day my name could be on a nail polish! I can't even explain the excitement I have!!
Sorry for the amount of pictures!
Thank you so much for looking, and for following my blog!
This never would have happened if it weren't for each and every one of you!

29 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you sweetie! And congrats back at you!!

      Delete
  2. Yay, I'm so happy for you! It's the most wonderful exciting thing to happen and I know just what it feels like. This looks spectacular. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!!
      #fangirlmoment I love your blog and you are awesome!

      Delete
  3. Oh my god that is incredible! Creating a nail polish in collaboratiom with a brand is my golden dream :D The polish is gorgeous, i especially like it layered over darker colors because you get to see more glass flecks (and i'm addicted to them!). It's so beautiful i'm sure it'll make it to the regular line. Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's really beautiful! Reminds me if freshly fallen snow and how sparkly it is :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so gorgeous!! It looks good alone or layered. Congrats! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's so awesome! You designed a really really awesome color too! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow congrats! You did an amazing job. That is a ridiculously awesome polish! I want!

    ReplyDelete
  8. CONGRATS, it's gorgeous!!! I didn't get my bottle in time for bottle shots either. Maybe today. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!! This is so awesome. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations, Sarah! Love the polish!!! The picture of it layered over black is amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. W o W!! That is a gorgeous polish! Congrats & well done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats and well done Sarah and picture Polish!!!!!!! This is gorgeous!!! Darn... another polish I need! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning! I love it on it's own right now since I am wearing a lot of lighter shades post holiday now.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is insanely beautiful! I just saw the Picture Polish post on Llarowe's wall and had to see more. Now it's one of my top lemmings. I think the rush to grab this one is going to be pretty intense. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Katie! If you end up getting it I would LOVE to see it on you! Make sure to share it!!

      Delete
  15. Replies
    1. Thank you hunny! I don't feel like I do haha but I'm so glad I got the opportunity! It is really breathtaking in person!

      Delete
  16. Oh my god, out of all the polishes, I want this one so badly. But the price and shipping is sooOoo expensive. Sigh. It's so unbelievably beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What an amazing color. I love the way it looks layered over the other colors.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats on the polish! I love how versatile it is!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats!! You must have had such fun designing this. I like it best on its own. I'm kind of a purist, lol... This really is a beautiful shimmer.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations. <3
    I absolutely loved your shade and I really admire how this makes other shades look prettier when layered. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. This would be awesome to use in a galaxy design! So pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful collaboration, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete

I promise that I read and appreciate each and every comment!