Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Milani Fantastical Plumage - Swatches & Review!

Hey guys! Before I get into today's post you should go check out the guest blog post I did over at Refined & Polished!!

And as for today, I have the Milani Fantastical Plumage Collection to show you all!

*Products in this post were sent to me for the purpose of a 100% honest unbiased review.*
Milani Scarlet Ibis
Scarlet Ibis - Three coats.


Milani Canary
Canary - Three coats.

Milani Peacock
Peacock - Three coats.

Milani Blue Jay
Blue Jay - Two coats.

Milani Purple Martin
Purple Martin - Two coats.

Milani Carnival
Carnival - One coat with dabbing/placing over Scarlet Ibis.

Milani Carnival (2)
Carnival - One coat with dabbing/placing over a Blue Jay, Peacock & Purple Martin watermarble.

_______________________________________________________

As you can see I tried  a watermarble for the first time in over a year!
I used a white base (Milani White on the Spot) and Blue Jay, Peacock and Purple Martin!
The bubbling was fromt he topcoat and I think also from placing the glitters.

Overall I think this is a very fun collection with great colors!
Blue Jay is my favorite because I'm a sucker for blues!
Purple Martin and Blue Jay had the best formula's but all the cremes are pretty and applied pretty good.
Some were a little streaky and I felt they required three coats, mostly Canary and that is common in yellows.

I would pass on Carnival though, it's a pain to apply and if you want a B&W glitter topper
I recommend Sprinkles from the Milani Retro Glam Collection instead!


You can purchase Milani polishes from http://www.milanicosmetics.com/
And at select CVS and Meijer during August!


Follow Milani on FacebookTwitter and Instagram!
Milani Fantastical Plumage


What are your thoughts on this collection? Are you going to pick it up?
*Products in this post were sent to me for the purpose of a 100% honest unbiased review.*

16 comments:

  1. Your swatches are gorgeous and photographed so well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Purple Martin is really nice and carnival over the water marble is so pretty!! Lovely swatches :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, swatches incredible ! Love all shades <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous swatches! This collection is so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ack! Sarah, I like almost faint every time I see your pictures. Is that weird? Is that weird that I just said that?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love these polishes. And you captured them so well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a fun collection! Love the watermarble!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes yes yes and YES!!! That marble is everything. ESPECIALLY TOPPED WITH THE BLACK AND WHITE! Yes I am shout typing. Lol.. That's how much I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, I didn't neeeed Purple Martin until I saw your gorgeous swatches! Thanks a lot! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adore the marble mani, absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  11. 'Fantastical Plumage' is such a good name. I find it funny and I can't even explain why. Love these colours too...which is unfortunate, since there's no Milani in the UK (as far as I'm aware).

    ReplyDelete

I promise that I read and appreciate each and every comment!