Monday, April 15, 2013

China Glaze Hologlam Collection - Swatches & Review

Hey guys! I'm a little late on this but here is my China Glaze Hologram Collection post!
I don't have the entire collection to show you guys, but there are many amazing blogs that do and I linked some below at the end of this post!

*Products in this post were sent to me for the purpose of a 100% honest unbiased review.*
China Glaze Hologram Collection (2)
Cosmic Dust, Get Outta My Space, Not in This Galaxy, OMG A UFO, Take A Trek, When Stars Collide.
China Glaze Cosmic Dust
Cosmic Dust - Two coats.

China Glaze Get Outta My Space
Get Outta My Space - Three coats. Opaque in two though.

China Glaze Not In This Galaxy
Not in This Galaxy - Two coats.

China Glaze OMG A UFO
OMG A UFO - Two coats.

China Glaze Take A Trek
Take A Trek - Two coats.

China Glaze When Stars Collide
When Stars Collide - Two coats.

_______________________________________________________

The formula on these was consistent but could have been better. I feel it applied best on my bare nail vs base coat and especially a ridged base coat. I don't have a aqua base (I  know, I need one!) but maybe that would help.

It's hard to describe the formula, it was a little thick but runny at the same time.. If you get the perfect amount of polish it is easy to apply, but too much it runs and makes it harder to have uniform brushstrokes. But if you had to little and go to re-dip and add more it's kind of a wreck. The formula does require a bit of patience.

I know tons of people are very disappointed by these, personally I'm not though I do think the formula could be a bit better. I think the Tronica collection was a huge let down, I was expecting omg in your face holo and though those were pretty they are not linear holographic polishes. I saw swatches and press releases before I received these so I knew what I was getting, plus being let down before by Tronica I don't know I just wasn't. I accept these for what they are and while they are not the most holographic I do think they are gorgeous. I especially love the darker rich shades.
_______________________________________________________


Follow China Glaze on TwitterFacebook, and Instagram!


To see other bloggers full collection reviews check out the following amazing blogs!

China Glaze Hologram Collage
I've been playing around with my pictures at home, taking them in my light box on top of my black glass desk without the backdrop. (like the bottle shots at the top of this post) I really dig the reflection!
 I'd LOVE to hear your thoughts! Please let me know in a comment below!


*Products in this post were sent to me for the purpose of a 100% honest unbiased review.*

10 comments:

  1. I love When Stars Collide though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely swatches.
    You have to get aqua base coat. These go on like butter over it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ty I was wondering! Good to know! Which do you recommend?

      Delete
  3. I only got When Stars Collide, Strap On Your Moonboots, and Galactic Gray. I've worn all of them already and I loved them. They were really gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great swatches, I am up the in the air on this collection but I really love the look of When Stars Collide.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't have aqua basecoat either and these did work with my standard base coat either. I know everyone was expecting a crazy holo, but I do like them for what they are especially the last three in your swatches! Beautiful swatches :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I do like them a lot even with the tricky application, super holo or not they are gorgeous!

      Delete
  6. Your swatches are stunning, as always. I only picked up one but you really make me want to buy more :)

    ReplyDelete

I promise that I read and appreciate each and every comment!