Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Zoya PixieDust Spring Collection - Swatches & Review

Hey guys! Today's post if the new Zoya PixieDust Spring Collection!
I will be 100% honest, I'm really not feeling this textured trend, But I was pleasantly surprised. 
Zoya Pixie Dust
Chyna, Dahlia, Godiva, London, Nyx, & Vespa.


Zoya Chyna (5) Zoya Chyna (3) Zoya Chyna (2)
Chyna
"a red dazzle with a sugared sparkle, in the exclusive Zoya PixieDust Matte Sparkle formula."

I used two coats for full opacity. This is my absolute favorite in this collection. 
I love dark vampy blood reds and this made me change my mind of textured polishes.
Zoya Dahlia (2) Zoya Dahlia (1) 
Dahlia
"a black beauty with a sugared sparkle, in the exclusive Zoya PixieDust Matte Sparkle formula."

Just like Chyna, Dahlia only required two coats for full opacity. This is another favorite for sure.
Zoya Godiva (2) Zoya Godiva (1)
Godiva
"a soft nude with a sugared sparkle, in the exclusive Zoya PixieDust Matte Sparkle formula."

I really like Godiva, a nice pretty delicate nude.  Required three thin coats.
But my foodie brain thinks that they should have made Godiva a chocolate brown :)
Zoya London (2) Zoya London (1)
London
"a fog gray with a sugared sparkle, in the exclusive Zoya PixieDust Matte Sparkle formula."

I used three thin coats of London. I apologize because my swatches aren't 100% color accurate.
I didn't realize it at the time but I feel like it captured London a bit blue toned and darker than it is IRL.
The first picture is more accurate, but not perfect >.< 
Zoya NYX (2)
Zoya NYX (1)
Nyx
"a perfect periwinkle with a sugared sparkle, in the exclusive Zoya PixieDust Matte Sparkle formula."

I used three thin coats. Nyx is really pretty, flattering on my skin tone. (Imo)
Zoya Vespa (2) Zoya Vespa (1)
Vespa
"a Mint Kiss with a sugared sparkle, in the exclusive Zoya PixieDust Matte Sparkle formula."

Again, I used three thin coats.

_________________________________________________________

Textured polishes aren't my thing, and I probably wouldn't have tried any at all but Zoya changed my mind.
I don't LOVE them (textured polishes in general), but they are growing on me. 
Chyna is amazing, and I can't imagine not having it now that I do!

I had no idea what to expect with the formula since these were my first textured polishes, but they went on very smooth.

Keep up with Zoya on their blog and with Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
The Zoya PixieDust nail polishes retail for $9.00 each.



*Products in this post were sent to me for the purpose of a 100% honest unbiased review.*

3 comments:

  1. Lovely swatches!! My foodie brain also thought of chocolate, but upon consideration, I wonder if they were inspired by Lady Godiva, who rode her horse in the nude (hence, the nude color?). I don't know, it could be coincidence! Lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are pretty! I'm also thinking Godiva was inspired by Lady Godiva, but I keep thinking of the chocolates too.

    ReplyDelete

I promise that I read and appreciate each and every comment!