Monday, June 17, 2013

Barielle Brilliant Colors - Swatches & Review + Tribal Nail Art!

Hello lovely readers! I hope you are having a terrific Monday!
Here I am writing up a blog post and waiting for the mail to come :D

Today's post is the new Barielle Brilliant Colors Collection! With some added nail art, go go!

*Products in this post were sent to me for the purpose of a 100% honest unbiased review.*
Barielle Brilliant Colors

Barielle Smarty Pants Pink
Smarty Pants Pink - Two coats.

Barielle Magna Cum Laude Turquoise
Magna Cum Laude Turquoise - Two coats.

Barielle Straight A Coral
Straight A Coral - Two coats.

Barielle High Marks Purple
High Marks Purple - Two coats. One is enough coverage.

Barielle Head of the Class Green (2)
Head of the Class Green - Two coats.

_______________________________________________________


As you can see I decided not to add the descriptions today. I felt they were just misleading.
 They describe the shades as neon which they aren't, they are bright and gorgeous but just not neon.
Barielle has been releasing some really fantastic collections this year! Really gorgeous cremes.
The collections this year are already some of my favorite Barielle's!

This collection follows suit with a small exception, Magna Cum Laude Turquoise. 
Mine was streaky which you can kind of see in the picture. I do believe a third coat would have taken care of the streaks and it wasn't horrible to apply. Just not the standard I hold for Barielle based on their other polishes.
Although I could have gotten a off bottle, other reviews seem fine.

I recommend doubling on base coat with it also, I had no staining but just to be safe.
 And also while you're at it I would with Head of the Class Green as well. 
It didn't stain my nails but it was a pain to get off my skin, so apply carefully and double up to be safe!

All of the other shades in this collection had impeccable formulas and applied super easy!
I'm loving Straight A Coral so much, I don't understand I used to hate corals but this year I love them!

Follow Barielle on Facebook and Twitter!

You can purchase Barielle Shades from their website.
They retail for $8.00 or  you can purchase this whole collection in a kit for $25.00.

_______________________________________________________

I received my new nail art brushes and wanted to put them in use!
I tried my hand at a Tribal Manicure! I'm out of practice and despite the topcoat smearing I think it came out okay! 
And really I need to find a better topcoat, I waited THREE hours before top coating in hopes to prevent smearing :( 
Nope didn't help. Damn you SV. -_-

The base color is Illamasqua Load, and the black is Milani Black Swift. All the other colors are from this Barielle collection!
Tribal Mani  (1)
& Mattified!
Tribal Nail Art Matte Tribal Mani matte
And of course I added Butter London Matte Finish.

Barielle Brillaint Colors Collage (1)

What are your thoughts on this collection? I love the colors they chose!
Also who watched True Blood? :)


*Products in this post were sent to me for the purpose of a 100% honest unbiased review.*

13 comments:

  1. I love Straight A Coral and your nail art is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS swatches and great nail art! I really love this collection...Barielle has been hot this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving Straight A Coral, really vibrant! Great nail art too, really inventive :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Straight a Coral is a winner! I see myself wearing it a ton! And ty!!

      Delete
  4. Straight A Coral is gorgeous! And what a fun nail art :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These swatches are brilliant! I love a good bright shiny creme! You make them all look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ugh, you make me sick with the tribal nail art! It's just TOO fabulous! LOL! I wish I had the patience and creativity to do such things - it even looks fantastical matte!! LOVE! Great swatches and review - thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I promise that I read and appreciate each and every comment!