Sunday, June 9, 2013

Starlight and Sparkles Polishes - Swatches & Review!

Hey guys! Hope your weekend is going well! I'm sad it's Sunday, I know I won't get any nail mail :(
But I do have 12 gorgeous polishes from 
Starlight and Sparkles to show you today!

*Products in this post were sent to me for the purpose of a 100% honest unbiased review.*
Starlight and Sparkles Companion Fairy
Companion Fairy - One coat over Zoya Anja.

"Companion Fairy is a color shifting sparkle top coat, meant for layering over other polishes. It is one of a quartet of color shifting sparkle top coats. Companion Fairy shifts through turquoise, blue, teal, and cool green."

Starlight and Sparkles Din
DinOne coat over Zoya Colbie.

"Din is a color shifting sparkle top coat, meant for layering over other polishes. It is one of a quartet of color shifting sparkle top coats. Din shifts through red, orange, gold, and green." 

Starlight and Sparkles Dragon
DragonOne coat over A England Lancelot.

"Dragon is a color shifting duochrome top coat, meant for layering over other polishes. It is one of a trio of color shifting duochrome top coats. Dragon shifts from bronze gold to green, and flashes orange and teal at the extremes of its color range." 

Starlight and Sparkles Dragon Breath
Dragon BreathThree coats.

"Dragon Breath is a cool-toned teal linear holographic with the same color shifting shimmer that is in the other Dragon polishes (Dragon and Dragon Scales)."

Starlight and Sparkles Eponymous Princess
Eponymous Princess - Three coats.

"Eponymous Princess is a true pink polish with multi-colored shimmer, inspired by Princess Zelda of the Legend of Zelda games. The pink is neutral (not leaning particularly warm or cool). Pink, gold, and blue sparks stand out in the shimmer. This polish is opaque in two to three coats."

Starlight and Sparkles Farore
FaroreOne coat over Zoya Coraline.

"Farore is a color shifting sparkle top coat, meant for layering over other polishes. It is one of a quartet of color shifting sparkle top coats. Farore shifts through teal, green, light green, and gold."

Starlight and Sparkles Nayru
Nayru One coat over Sation Rock A Guy Blue.

"Nayru is a color shifting sparkle top coat, meant for layering over other polishes. It is one of a quartet of color shifting sparkle top coats. Nayru shifts through turquoise, blue, and violet."

Starlight and Sparkles Phoenix
PhoenixOne coat over China Glaze Velvet Bow.

"Phoenix is a color shifting duochrome top coat, meant for layering over other polishes. It is one of a trio of color shifting duochrome top coats. Phoenix shifts from red to gold to green, and flashes vivid red and bright green at the extremes of its color range."

Starlight and Sparkles Phoenix Fire
Phoenix Fire - Two coats.

"Phoenix Fire is a warm-toned purple linear holographic with the same color shifting shimmer that is the other Phoenix polishes (Phoenix and Phoenix Feathers)."

Starlight and Sparkles Starlight (1)
Starlight and Sparkles Starlight (2)
StarlightOne coat over Zoya Ki.

"Starlight is a holographic top coat, meant for layering over other polishes."

Starlight and Sparkles Unicorn (1) Starlight and Sparkles Unicorn (2)
UnicornOne coat over Nicole by Opi Khloe Gad A Little Lam Lam.

"Unicorn is a color shifting duochrome top coat, meant for layering over other polishes. It is one of a trio of color shifting duochrome top coats. Unicorn shifts from cool green to blue, and flashes turquoise and vivid indigo at the extremes of its color range."

Starlight and Sparkles Unicorn Spell (1) Starlight and Sparkles Unicorn Spell (3)
Unicorn Spell - Two coats.

"Unicorn Spell is a cool-toned violet linear holographic with the same color shifting shimmer that is in the other Unicorn polishes (Unicorn and Unicorn Tears)." 

__________________________________________________________________

I really love these polishes! The glitter topcoats like Farore, Nayru are a little thirsty though.
I should have used another coat of topcoat but I didn't notice 
until the photos. Not biggie if you are using a thicker one like SV. I was very impressed with Carissa's formulas, they all go on so smooth and great especially the holos!
The holo shades are special too, not run in the mill they have pretty shimmer in them too! It's easiest to see in Unicorn Spell. Dragon is super amazing, I mean I love these all I can't choose favorites! 
Eponymous Princess slightly reminds me of NOPI Kimpletely in Love.


You can purchase Starlight and Sparkles polishes from Carissa's Etsy shop. Her polishes range from $3.00-$6.50 for mini's and $7.00-$16.00 for full size bottles.


Starlight and Sparkles Collage
What are your thoughts on these?
How amazing is the holographic topcoat over Zoya Ki?
Also don't forget to go enter my giveaway

*Products in this post were sent to me for the purpose of a 100% honest unbiased review.*

19 comments:

  1. Wow these are amazing! I love Dragon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are really pretty! And I know exactly what you mean about it being Sunday, no nail mail =(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean I usually don't get nail mail everyday (in fact I haven't for like 5 days now) but I hate knowing there isn't a chance lol I love getting surprise nail mail so much!

      Delete
  3. Whoa, too much prettiness in one post! Phoenix is AMAZING

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are lovely, adore unicorn over Khloe Had a Little Lam Lam, its one of my all time fav polishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine too! I want to use it sooo much when i'm looking for layering combos but I try not to use it too often but It's one of my favorites too!

      Delete
  5. These are fabulous! I can't even pick a favorite

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woah! I love every one of these!! Beautiful swatches!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so so beautiful and great pairing too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. great swatches, Eponymous Princess is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Holy moly! These are stunning! I'm in love with all of them, really. You've also done an amazing job and choosing base colors.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ughhhhhhhhhhh stop making me want to buy stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I started typing out all of the ones I loved, but then realized I really just need one of each! They are all sooo pretty. How could you choose a favorite out of all of that glittery goodness?!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow. How have I not seen these before?! Gorgeous. Plus I have complete nail envy right now.

    ReplyDelete

I promise that I read and appreciate each and every comment!