Thursday, June 20, 2013

Colorblock Mani Fail

Hey guys! So this mani was a bit fail-ish.
 I had the base on before I knew what I wanted to try, if I re-did it I would alternate the base colors on the fingers so I would have more options for the color blocking patterns, but oh well!
Also I was very lazy and did it kind of half ass TBH lol. I wasn't 100% sure if my nails were fully dry so I didn't put the tape down good enough, so the lines aren't crisp or perfectly aligned..but I really like the colors together!

I was inspired by Sarah's Chalkboard Nails Tutorial, though I probably shame her with my crappy mani  LOL
It had potential but I didn't execute it well :)

I used Kbshimmer 24 Carrot Bold, Illamasqua Nomad & Jinide Nails sTEALth.
Colorblock Mani (1) Colorblock Mani (2)

& I mattified it with Butter London Matte Finish.
Colorblock Mani Matte (1) Colorblock Mani Matte (2)
I wish the lines were perfect :( I liked it matte so much.
It looked good.... from arm's length distance haha

I definitely want to use Nomad & 24 Carrot Bold together again!
Any idea of how they would look good together? 



*Some products in this post were sent to me for the purpose of a 100% honest unbiased review.*

13 comments:

  1. I don't think this was a fail at all! It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a fail! And I'm not just saying that, it looks really cute. I love it matte!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this looks great! Sometimes I really prefer a manicure like this that looks nice and "organic" as opposed to something with SUPER CRISP lines that just look a bit harsh to me! Hope that makes sense...good work! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great -- no fail here! Plus, the matte finish is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it looks great!! I love how it looks matte, but matte polish is my favorite right now :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! I just want to mattify everything lately! :D

      Delete
  6. Are you crazy?! No shame in your game! I saw this on IG and stopped to admire it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. NOT a fail at all!!! I can see why you might not be perfectly happy with it...I'm a perfectionist (even if it never happens on my nails lol).

    I wonder if adding a *very* thin outline--either striping tape or polish--would give it that pop. I love the colors together, both shiny & matte. I'm thinking black or a really brassy gold--it would bring out the sparkle of the 24 carrot more (OMG I love that color!)

    As I learned today, polish comes off easy ;) Don't like it? play around and you may find a great mani happens spontaneously! I tried to do a taped mani (with page protector rings) and......EW. But I really wanted to play with some of the new Zoya summer glass flecks and did a triple gradient--BAM! I love it :)

    Be kind with yourself--it really looks lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank so much! Yeah the only thing I seem to ever be slightly perfectionist-y with is my nails, I'm always so hard on myself about them!
      I bet the striping tape would have made it look even better!! I already removed it but next time I'm definitely going to try that! Such a great idea!

      Delete

I promise that I read and appreciate each and every comment!